November 2011 Moms
Options

Who will be in the delivery room?

My experience at DS's birth was definitely not the norm-- I had DH, my mom AND my dad in the delivery room. (We're super close, he's very sentimental & he just stayed up behind my head the whole time-- I am SO glad he was there. He said it was one of the most precious moments of his life.) I realize that this is kind of strange, but it worked for us & we'll probably do the same with this baby. 

Just curious, who will be in your delivery room? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who will be in the delivery room?

• Options
    Just my h!
  • Options

imagelhuttlinger:
    Just my h!

Same here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With DS1, it was H, my mom and my sister

With DS2, it was H and my mom, sister had to work.

With this one, it will be H and my mom, sister and BFF if they can make it.  I can't do it without my mommy!!!!!

• Options
    Just DH. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DH.
  • Options
    My mom, two or three of my best friends and possibly my sister. And hopefully the hubs will be on Skype to see it all. 
  • Options
    Just my husband. Which my mom was NOT happy about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just DH
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image?
  • Options
    Probably just DH.  I would love to have my mom and sisters were there, too, but I don't want DH to feel like he's just one of a crowd.
  • Options

As of this moment, I don't even know if I want people at the hospital at all, except DH.

WAITTT. He just called me and completely screwed up my Chipotle order. I don't want him at the hospital either.

Looks like it's just me!

• Options

imagelhuttlinger:
    Just my h!

Same 

m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    My fiance and my mom, probably. My mom can keep me calm and coach me; my fiance claims he can do this but I have a feeling he'll be too weak ;)
  • Options
    I am with most of the previous ladies.. Only my DH will be there with me. More than likely, we will be the only two at the hospital, since we live 9 hours away from our families so once we know it is "for real" the parents will probably start heading this way.

However, if we were still at home, it would still just be my husband and me. I don't need anyone accidentally seeing my business.
  • Options
    My friend who has never had children and probably won't will be there and my husband.
  • Options
    Just my hubs...
    BabyFruit Ticker}Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

With DS I just had my mom (my current DH is not his BF and his BF is a ^%$)

With this baby def DH and maybe my mom.... we'll see what happens... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • Options
    imageStefB28:

My experience at DS's birth was definitely not the norm-- I had DH, my mom AND my dad in the delivery room. (We're super close, he's very sentimental & he just stayed up behind my head the whole time-- I am SO glad he was there. He said it was one of the most precious moments of his life.) I realize that this is kind of strange, but it worked for us & we'll probably do the same with this baby. 

Just curious, who will be in your delivery room? 

I'm so excited at your response...because it was the same for us! My DH, mom and dad. They'd been hanging out with me all day in L&D and when it came time to push, I said he could stay if he wanted to. He stayed behind my head and couldn't see my nether regions, and it was nice to have him and my mom see the baby for the first time together.

My DH and mom were more support for me (such as moving my legs once the epi was in, getting ice chips, etc) but my dad helped keep my mom in check if she got annoying (like constantly adjusting a blanket before my epi was in and I was going to go crazy on her).

I know most people think it's strange, but I don't regret it at all.

ETA: This time, it'll either be DH and my mom while my dad is with DD...or just DH while both my mom and dad watch DD. We'll see how it plays out at the time, and what time I end up going into labor and having the baby.

• Options
    Definitely DH only.  I love my mom to death, and she would not annoy me in the delivery room, but I just feel like it is a special moment for DH and me and I want us to be able to share it with each other.  
    imageimage Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    Last time it was my DH & Mom.  Probably the same this time just depending on when I go into labor.
  • Options
    Same as last time, only DH. I've played around with the idea of having DD, but if something goes wrong, I don't want her to remember that (she's 4). If, for some reason DH can't be there, my back up choice will probably be our very close neighbor. She's a mother and a grandmother and is pretty much our neighborhood's "mom away from mom." My mom only stresses me out and she lives 3 hours away.
  • Options
    Just my DH - My mom already made a little bit of a fuss about it when I told her that, but I feel as though it should be a personal thing for DH and I.  Everyone can come see me and the baby after we are cleaned up etc... but for the actual birth - just DH!
  • Options
    DH and maybe my sister. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just DH.  Even if we lived close to our families, I would only want him in the room. I think this is a personal moment for the two of us.  Everyone else can meet the baby after we do.  Honestly, I don't think either of our parents would ever ask to be in the room.  My mom b/c she would probably pass out; she couldn't handle my brother getting stitches without fainting.  My dad b/c that's not his thing.  And DHs mom would never want to step on either of our toes or my mom's.
  • Options
    With my DD it was my mom and dad (sperm donor was no where to be found) people thought it was weird that my dad was there but he is a registered nurse, EMT, and paramedic. To tell you the truth I wish my mom wasn't there (every time i had a contraction she would pet me like a dog and tell me to breathe) This time since I have an amazing SO I am looking forward to it being the 2 of us and then once I have delivered bringing my family in to share the moment. I don't want my DD coming until they clean us up a bit. She got very scared when they did they internal ultrasound and she seen blood on the probe. So I think that delivery would traumatize her
  • Options
    Just S/O -- I think my dad would just feel awkward, and my mom nearly fainted when I had stitches as a teenager -- I don't think she could handle watching me give birth (I was born by C-section, and my mom opted to be completely under anesthesia -- she didn't remember a thing). 
  • Options
  • Options
    Just my husband.  

Visit My Twin Life 
  • Options

I think just DH is the only safe way to answer.  If I let my mom be in there then his mom will want to be in there (DH is an only child).  My dad (who is also sentimental) will feel left out (he was left out when my mom and I went maternity clothes shopping today.)

So just DH - even though I'm worried about his ability to be any 'help' to me at all.

• Options
    With my DD I had my DH and my best friend, but I think this time it will just be DH.
  • Options

imagelhuttlinger:
    Just my h!

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DH, my mom, and my aunt (if she can get off work). 
  • Options
    Just DH
  • Options
    husband, doula, photographer (same as last time)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMamaCat21:

As of this moment, I don't even know if I want people at the hospital at all, except DH.

WAITTT. He just called me and completely screwed up my Chipotle order. I don't want him at the hospital either.

Looks like it's just me!

Haha! 

• Options

My husband, my dog, and the two cats (and possibly my mom if our timing is good with the plane ticket)! We are at home!

If I have to go to the hospital, just my husband and our MW, who is a former doula.   

• Options

DH.

I couldn't break my MIL's heart by only inviting my mother in and not her too and three seems like too much.  Also, I want this to be about me and DH, not moms and dads and aunts and uncles.  This will probably be our only LO and I don't need all those people stressing me out or me being worried who's out in the waiting room offended that so and so was in there.  DH is my support system now, not my mom.  Love her to death, but I'm married to DH and this is a baby that him and I made and we see it as the whole, if you weren't there to make the baby, then you don't need to watch it coming out.  Trust me though, they'll all get their time with LO.

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    just my husband.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Just DH!
  • Options
    I want DH & my mom in the room. I'd love to have my sister there also, but our hospital only allows for 2 other people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"