Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Any LO's not crawling or walking??

DD isn't crawling or walking yet...I feel so left behind by all these moms talking about "crusing" etc. etc. My DH didn't walk until he was almost 2 so I think she's received those genes! She does roll around the room and army crawls quite well but that's it! Any one with me, or am I all alone on this island? lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any LO's not crawling or walking??

• Options

I'm sure you're not the only one but considering how dead the board has been all day, you might not have many replies..

I think as long as your LO gets around then you shouldn't worry = ) 

• Options
    My DS isn't crawling or walking either.  He will roll around the room and scootches backwards a bit, but nothing in the forward gear!  lol   However my mom says I never crawled.  Walked at 13 months but before that...nothing.  I guess he takes after me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No crawling over here either. He has just started to push up on hands and knees and rock a bit but literally just for a few seconds. That's it. Maybe a tiny bit of sliding backwards. Apart from that he just rolls around!
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My DS is 10.5 months old and doesn't crawl, he sits and moves his legs in a weird way and goes forward, though.  As soon as he started to do this in a purposeful way (llike 2 weeks ago) I felt a little less left-behind.  My mom said that my sister and I both didn't crawl until closer to a year old  (and we didn't walk til after a year) and my DH and SIL both never crawled, went right to walking. 
  • Options
    DD is not mobile. She can't stay on her hands and knees, scoot on her bottom, or army crawl. Nor can she go from lay to sit. She can pull to stand, but only if her feet are in the right position - if they aren't, she can't figure out how to move them into position. And she just started rolling from back to belly a few weeks ago. I have an ECI evaluation in a few weeks because of this and the fact that she was floppy until about six months old. She can cruise, though, but we have to put her in a spot where she can hold onto furniture in order to do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

The only thing my DD does is roll around everywhere. She will push up on her hands, but can't bring her butt up. If I put her in the crawling position, she can stay there for a few seconds, but throws a fit and flops to her tummy. If she is sitting up, she will start like she is going to crawl, but lowers herself to her tummy.

She is nowhere near standing/cruising. She has good leg strength, but can't hold herself up against anything. She can't go from lying to sit either.

We are in PT. She had late diagnosed torticollis and it put her a couple months behind on everything except sitting. When we started that a couple months ago, she wasn't doing ANYTHING except sitting. She has made definite progress, just slowly. I think it is partially because she is so big though.

• Options
    DD doesn't roll (she used to roll tummy to back, but won't anymore), pull up or crawl. She absolutely hates tummy time. She cruises if we stand her up by furniture or hold one of her fingers. So not truly walking and I am sure she won't crawl any time soon.
  • Options

Mine isn't doing anything!  I was really excited when he finally started sitting up - so I've been having him sit a lot.  Then I realized I probably need to keep up the tummy time :-P  He rolls a lot, but he doesn't even army crawl!  My DS#1 was crawling, pulling up, and cruising by now.  I just think my DS#2 is very laid back and likes to watch - so he just doesn't have the *drive* that a lot of other kids have, it seems. 

ETA - also, I have to put him in the sitting position, he can't do it himself.  And to specify - no crawling, walking, pulling up or cruising for him.  I can't even get him to put his feet down in a standing position.  Zero.  Zip.  Nada!   My mom thinks I should ask the Dr. about it because my brother and sister both had hip/leg problems that required special therapy when they were little. 

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    My DD only started rolling at 9 months so I think she'll be a little late on crawling and walking.  I don't mind, I know she'll get there and I also know it's going to be so much more work running after her :)  So when ever she's ready is fine with me.
  • Options

DD is not doing either.  She does roll from back to belly, but acts as if she can't do belly to back but I know she can.  She pushes up with her arms, but not on all fours.  We try putting her in the crawling position but she just flexes her arms and legs out and flops down.  She does push herself backwards when she is on her belly, but that is really it for movement. 

i have mixed feelings about where I want to go from here. DS did PT to catch up on motor skills because at 12 months all he was doing was scooting on his bottom....no crawling/pulling up/walking/sitting up from lying position etc.  He hated tummy time because of his reflux and he was a big baby, so that is why they think he was behind, but he caught up in no time.  the pedi is not concerned at this point, but is willing to be more aggressive this time around if I want to because of what happened with DS.  We agreed that at 10 months we would possibly to a PT eval, but as they quickly approaches I have mixed emotions.

• Options
    Us too! DS army crawls like crazy, and he will get on his hands and knees and rock, but no actual crawling. He's trying to pull up a little bit, and will stand holding on to stuff. I keep telling myself he's moving at his own pace, and it'll be fine :0)
  • Options

My DD doesn't crawl either .

• Options

10.5 months and now crawling here. DD started scooting on her bum about 2 weeks ago, and is getting pretty efficient at it. She is not really a roller either. She used to roll tummy to back, but now refuses, has never really done a full roll back to tummy, only gets to her side (although the sitter said she rolled over during a diaper change today).  She has pulled herself up to her knees from a seated position a few times, but never gotten from laying to sitting unassisted.  She is making progress, just slowly and I will wait to see what she is doing at her 12 month appointment before I get too worried.  She is meeting all of her social and cognitive milestones, so she just may be a little behind on her physical ones. 

I can definitely empathize with your feeling behind however. I keep telling myself that every child develops at his or her own pace, but that doesn't always keep me from wondering if something is wrong.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"