Cloth Diapering
Options

rash question (XP)

What kind of diaper cream do you use? How long does it take for a diaper rash to clear up? On average, how frequently do you change the diaper?

Hazel's bum has been red and irritated for about two days now. At first it was really bothering her, she was inconsolable. We started putting CJ's BUTTer on it and it doesn't bother her nearly as much but the rash isn't going away. I feel so bad for the little girl, I just want her to feel better. When she cries it breaks my heart!!

I think maybe we weren't changing frequently enough (Embarrassed) but now I'm checking her every 30-60 minutes or every time she cries and it still isn't going away.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: rash question (XP)

• Options

I still use Desitin.  I got some from my baby shower and figured I would use it.  I use sposies from my shower too... or slip in a fleece liner.  However, we don't get rash very often and it is super mild.

The one time we got a bad one, the lady at the cloth diaper shop suggested a raw silk liner.  That cleared it up in a day!  It was amazing... course now I don't really use that liner. 

ETA:  Oh, and I change the diaper whenever she is unhappy or it feels wet.  It is usually about 2-3 hours during the day.  We EBF. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use Triple Paste. It's fabulous stuff.

What sort of diapers are you using on her? A fleece liner helped us some when we were having to slather diaper cream. 

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mostly unbleached indian PFs, also some KL0s and Fuzzibunz.
  • Options

We use unbleached Indian cotton PFs with Thirsties covers and have found California Babies Diaper Cream and Calendula Cream to be very effective for diaper rashes, especially when my DD was an infant (now that she's on solids it's a different ballgame)...

Also, you might check your wash routine because it could be residual detergent in your dipes that's irritating your LO's skin. I always do a cold rinse and then hot water wash with a minimal amount of detergent followed by an extra rinse.

Good luck, I hope it clears up soon. Oh, and  NICU nurse on my "regular board" swears by putting Mylanta on diaper rashes. She does it with her own DD (who's in CDs too) and they do it at her hospital too. She says it neutralizes the acids and heals the skin...

• Options
    Thanks, I think I'm going to order some Cali baby. I've heard good things about it from several people. Strangely enough, I heard the Mylanta thing too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"