June 2011 Moms
Options

Im SO over it! :( (Nbr-mostly)

So, I don't know if many of you remember- but I had a car accident March 2nd where I broke and did damage to my ankle.  I have broken my other foot before- so kinda knew what to expect- I thought I would be done and walking around in 8 weeks!  

So, its been 8 weeks.. I went to the Dr. the other day.. and they want me to stay in the boot for 4 more weeks and do physical therapy 3 times a week. When I finally get the boot off I will be 37 weeks.....

I am getting so frustrated- still in so much pain and I'm "OVER IT!".  I have not been able to do much in babies room and my DH is so busy with school (he is about to graduate! yay!)... its driving me crazy.

Has anyone else broken their ankle & can talk about recovery?  I am hoping the physical therapy will help make it stronger and help with the pain..I am going to be screaming if I'm not better by time she gets here!

Just had to vent!  Thanks for listening... 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Im SO over it! :( (Nbr-mostly)

• Options

I haven't had this experience but I did have a foot surgery gone awry last summer and was off my feet for months.  My low point was the day I realized I didn't have any clean underwear because MH had not done laundry in weeks, and I couldn't do it myself. It was enormously frustrating, and I wasn't even pregnant then. In fact I delayed TTC because of it. 

So sorry you are dealing with this.  I would be going crazy too.  

• Options

My DH broke his ankle almost 2 years ago.  He had surgery and now has a plate and 7 screws in it.  I can't remember exactly how long the recovery was, but it seemed like forever.  He had a lot of complications, though, including a post-op blood clot and had to be on blood thinners for awhile.  He did do physical therapy, and it helped him a lot. 

I can't imagine being pregnant and having a broken ankle!  I'm sorry you're going through this, but you will be back to normal soon!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageashleah83:

I haven't had this experience but I did have a foot surgery gone awry last summer and was off my feet for months.  My low point was the day I realized I didn't have any clean underwear because MH had not done laundry in weeks, and I couldn't do it myself. It was enormously frustrating, and I wasn't even pregnant then. In fact I delayed TTC because of it. 

So sorry you are dealing with this.  I would be going crazy too.  

Wow yeah, I can relate to that!  Yeah, it has NOT been fun!- It get's very frustrating with hubby taking care of everything.. and all of the reminding (could you please....do this.. this?)  I have been a little more mobile the last couple of weeks so its def better- but still I want to scream at times..

• Options
    imageamanda1680:

My DH broke his ankle almost 2 years ago.  He had surgery and now has a plate and 7 screws in it.  I can't remember exactly how long the recovery was, but it seemed like forever.  He had a lot of complications, though, including a post-op blood clot and had to be on blood thinners for awhile.  He did do physical therapy, and it helped him a lot. 

I can't imagine being pregnant and having a broken ankle!  I'm sorry you're going through this, but you will be back to normal soon!  

I REALLY hope the therapy helps me a lot too! 

Sounds like your DH has it a lot worse than I have it now.  I was so thankful that I did not have to have surgeries etc.. (Although, they told me they can't treat me "correctly because of the pregnancy").   

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience.

• Options

:( That really sucks!  I hope you get better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageEMLYNNLERETTE:

:( That really sucks!  I hope you get better soon.

Thank You.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"