May 2011 Moms
Options

My baby is here!

It's a boy!!

Augusto Morgan was born this morning at home by VBAC/water birth!  Labor started out of nowhere at around 2:30 am and got intense really quickly.  I realized things were progressing really fast when I started pushing involuntarily through each contraction at around 4:30.  I was worried we might have an unassisted birth, but thankfully my doctor and doula both arrived at our house pretty quickly.  I delivered him in the tub at 8:06 am.  It was intense and very painful but even when I was pushing him out it was never at the level of pain I had during my Pitocin/sunny-side up labor at just 4 cm.  And he is 7 lbs 12 oz--two ounces bigger than Iris, who was supposedly too big to fit through my pelvis. :)

I am amazed by the whole thing and it doesn't seem real.  I can't believe how fast and smoothly everything went--I feel like it couldn't have gone better if I had planned things out.  I have a small first degree tear but no stitches and right now I'm sore but overall feeling pretty good.  Baby Gus is healthy and alert and doing great.  Nursing has been a little frustrating but I think we'll work it out in time.

Pictures to come later :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: My baby is here!

• Options
    Congratulations on your little guy! Glad the delivery went pretty smoothly! Can't wait to see pictures!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG!  I'm so happy for you and for Gus! Congratulations on the kind of birth you really wanted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!! What a great delivery! Rest up and I can't wait to see pics of lil Gus!!!
    photo c27c4a76-6351-4ead-85d2-b18a046f41d4_zpsf0635b7f.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    congrats!!! cannot wait to see pictures... glad everything went well. Enjoy being a double mommy!!!

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Wow! What an amazing VBAC story! I am so happy you had such success! Amazing how Iris was said to be "too big" to fit through your pelvis, yet you vaginally delivered your son with no problem. I am beginning to wish I had set up a home birth myself. 

Congrats momma!  

• Options
    nde99nde99 member
    Congratulations!!!  So glad to hear everything went so smoothly.  Can't wait for pics. 
  • Options

Oh I'm so excited for you!!  I know how important the VBAC was---- that's awesome.  Can't wait to see pics later.

• Options

What an amazing birth story!! Gives me hope for next time.

I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful family. Congratulations and Welcome to the World Gus!!

• Options

Congrats. Can't wait for pics

Marley Soledad
    4/20/2011
    Photobucket
    Esma: I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. Then Ill put that flea in a box. And put that box inside another box. Mail that box to myself. And when it arrives. ILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. Its brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Genius I say.
    Or to save on postage. Ill poison him with this.
  • Options
    I'm so glad you got the birth you wanted!  Congrats on baby Gus :)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Welcome Baby Gus & Congratulations!  Love your birth story...fantastic news you were able to do VBAC + water birth {would like to water labour myself if our hospital's 1 tub is available...}.  

How is Iris doing with baby brother? This is so exciting- glad you're doing well & hope DS catches onto BFing soon =) 

• Options

Congrats! I'm so glad you were able to have the VBAC delivery!

I can't wait to see his sweet little face Smile

• Options
    Oh, how wonderful!! Congratulations! I'm so happy you got to have the birth you wanted. Looking forward to seeing pics! :-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • Options

OMG! This is really a surprise! A great one though! I thought you would go another week. I'm so incredibly happy for you!

I knew it was a boy! I can't wait to see pics of little Gus!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Congrats, Iris!!  Can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    congratulations Iris!!!

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options

*sneaking into May board*

Congratulations, Iris!  I'm so glad you got the delivery you wanted!

DD born 07/2011 DD due 11/18/2013
  • Options
    Congrats!!  So glad you had such a good experience! 

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations on the VBAC! Happy birthday, Gus!
  • Options
    Wow Congratulations! That's amazing! I'm hoping for an outside baby anytime now :(
  • Options
    Yay baby Gus!! Soooo glad you got the birth you wanted! Vbacs are amazing! Good luck with the breastfeeding bc that is our trouble right now too. I am trying to not worry so much this time on that and know it will either come in time or it won't and she will be ok either way ;) can't wait for pics!
  • Options
    Congrats Iris!! I'm so happy everything went well and you and baby are good! Can't wait to see pictures!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Glad things went well and the VBAC was a success!!!  Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your little boy and for getting the best possible labor you could hope for!  So happy for you  :)
  • Options
    Congrats on a beautiful baby boy and a wonderful birth experience!!  Can't wait to see pics :)

• Options
    Congrats Iris!!! Can't wait for pictures of your little man!
  • Options
    Congrats on a beautiful little boy and a smooth delivery!
  • Options
    I'm so happy things went so easy for you!!  Congratulations, can't wait to see pics.
  • Options

Congrats!! So much to be happy about in this post!

A son! Yes

A successful VBAC! Yes

A home water-birth! Yes

Minimal tearing! Yes

A healthy, happy baby and mom! Yes

Congrats again!

• Options
    Oh yey! Congratulations on your little BOY! I'm so happy that you had the birth you wanted. Cannot wait to see pictures of your little man. How exciting!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations!  So glad you were able to have such a wonderful experience.  Gives me hope for my vbac. :)

Enjoy getting to know Gus!

• Options
    Congratulations on your sweet little boy!  I can't wait to see pictures!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    YAY! I'm so happy for you! I also can't wait to see pics! Also I'm sure everything will work out with BFing soon. Congrats on your little BOY!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats! Your story is amazing!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I can't wait for pictures.  :)  I'm so happy you got your VBAC!
  • Options
    Congrats on your little man! Can't wait to see pictures!!!
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • Options
    Congratulations, Iris! I'm so glad it went smoothly and you had the delivery you wanted! I can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    imagenycdueinmay:

Congrats!! So much to be happy about in this post!

A son! Yes

A successful VBAC! Yes

A home water-birth! Yes

Minimal tearing! Yes

A healthy, happy baby and mom! Yes

Congrats again!

These are all the things I was going to say!!! Congratulations on the birth of your son Smile

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Congrats! I'm so so happy for you!

How cool that you had a home birth too... I'm so glad you got a good birth experience. Gio was frustrating to nurse at first, but he got so much better.

"Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"