Not sure which way we should spell it.[Poll]

Re: How would you spell....(clicky)

• Options

Allison looks prettier in my opinion.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemanda326:

Allison looks prettier in my opinion.

This, but both are accepted traditional spellings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

alison.

the additional "l" is unnecessary and makes the name look weird, IMO.

• Options
    I have a friend whose name is spelled Alison and she says that it has been misspelled Allison her entire life so I would go with Allison.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I always want to say Allison as ALL-i-son. I like Alison better but it's my middle name so I am biased. Also, anyone I know with the name is spelled Alison.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    Oh boy- that's a tough one! I have 4 friend Allison/Alison's and it's split right down the middle. I personally prefer Alison.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagenaflmj:
    I always want to say Allison as ALL-i-son. I like Alison better but it's my middle name so I am biased. Also, anyone I know with the name is spelled Alison.

I have a friend named Alison who says that if you use two Ls it should be pronounced ALL-i-son too.  But having said that I've seen it spelled both ways.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My name is Allison, so I obviously prefer that spelling.  Any other spelling just looks wrong.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

imagenaflmj:
    I always want to say Allison as ALL-i-son.

exactly.

• Options
    I'm an Allison, and I find most people spell my name right without being told how many L's...so I think I have the most "traditional" spelling of the name. But I have friends named Alison and Alyson as well. No preference...I don't think it's a name most people would misprounounce, I've never heard anyone say ALL-ison before.
  • Options
    ll
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    I know so many people with this name and not one of them is spelled Alison. I strongly prefer Allison. 
  • Options
    I have a BFF named Alison.  I like the one L but she has to CONSTANTLY tell people how to spell it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I don't think it impacts pronunciation at all, so go with whichever spelling seems "right" to you. They're both correct.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kim1989kim1989 member

I hate Allison, but like Alison

All isnt pronounced the same so I dont think that spelling is right

• Options
    I think we are going to go with Alison.  I know she only has probably of a 30% chance that it is ever spelt right but I like it better this way.  Our other DD has the same issue.  Her name is Sara and we did not put the H on it so I guess both our girls will deal with name spelling issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"