3rd Trimester
Options

Poll- Gift Receipts

Whenever possible I try to give gift receipts.  Every once in awhile I forget to get one, but generally speaking I put them in the card or tape them to the box.

I was surprised by how few people gave me gift receipts for my shower.  Even young moms who I would think would know better. I received multiples of some things.

My take is if someone receives a multiple from me or has no use for my gift that I would rather them get full credit for what I paid back rather than whatever the cheapest sale price was (which is what most stores do).

[Poll]

Re: Poll- Gift Receipts

• Options

If you registered at BRU they will go off the actual price that someone paid off your registry. I even returned 2 outfits that I happened to already have, the person that gifted to me did not have the tags on them, I had the tags on the ones that I had and I know I got them on sale cheap... i got full price for both of them at BRU!  so it must have gone by what my guest had paid when she crossed ref against my registry. the only store I hear that is a problem returning is Target... I love target but that is the only policy I HATE that they are so hard to return anything.

HTH

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I don't include gift receipts only because most the time I give money or something off their registry.  If it comes off a registry-I'm never too concerned since they asked for it in the first place and that company would most likely give them credit for the item in case they wanted to return it.

I also have never needed to return anything anyone has given me, so maybe that's why I have the thought process that I do.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Not every store will honor a return just because it's on your registry. I had a problem at my bridal shower of somehow receiving like twice as many plate sets than I registered for. Kohls would only take back the ones I had gift receipts for.

I also speaking in general, not just about baby showers. I get clothes as gifts from people all the time in random sizes that don't fit. 

• Options

I always include the gift receipt, no matter what the occassion. I think it's inconsiderate not to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I don't include them, unless I purchased them at a store where they were not registered.  I always make sure to have the store take the item off the registry, and that usually serves as the reciept.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    When I lived in the states I always gave gift receipts. Here they don't exist so I keep the receipt and if someone has the gift already I'll let them have it so they can get a refund.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options

I always include a receipt (the real one) becaues I have been burned by a gift receipt (they dont state the price). They didnt give me what my mom paid for the clothes, so we had to go back with the real reciept and correct the store. So I like to give the original reciept.

I really dont care if someone wants to return what I bought them, its a gift for them and if they dont like it, or would like something else better thats fine with me. The whole point is to get them something they will enjoy. But this is how my family has always been.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I give them to people, but like you got almost none at my shower. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekewltif:

Whenever possible I try to give gift receipts.  Every once in awhile I forget to get one, but generally speaking I put them in the card or tape them to the box.

I was surprised by how few people gave me gift receipts for my shower.  Even young moms who I would think would know better. I received multiples of some things.

My take is if someone receives a multiple from me or has no use for my gift that I would rather them get full credit for what I paid back rather than whatever the cheapest sale price was (which is what most stores do).

You don't have an "other" option, but I don't fall under any of those reasons.  I actually rarely include gift receipts just because I find them pretty useless.  I have had people give me gift receipts but I just throw them out, even if they are mulitples.  I just don't return stuff, especially baby stuff, because mostly you will use it even if it is a multiple gift.  And if I don't use it, I generally re-gift it.  So because of that, I rarely give gift receipts, even though I know other people aren't like me!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    I think another reason to always give a gift receipt is in case the item malfunctions/defective - the receiver can easily get an exchange/replacement.
  • Options
    imageJennV514:

I always include the gift receipt, no matter what the occassion. I think it's inconsiderate not to.

THIS....

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"