Baby Names

Clicky wont work. Camilla v Camille

Which one do you like better??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky wont work. Camilla v Camille

• They're both NMS, but I MUCH prefer Camille.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Camille =)

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Loading the player...
  • camilla. camille is a fine name but i have a bad association with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I prefer Camille.
  • It's one of those strange things for me...I LOVE Camille but I don't like Camilla at all. I can't figure it out...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • imagerubyjem00:
    It's one of those strange things for me...I LOVE Camille but I don't like Camilla at all. I can't figure it out...

My best friend said the same thing lol :)

• imageRedCardinal:
    Camille =)

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I LOVE Camille! Do you remember that episode of "I Love Lucy", where she says the name? It sounded so dreamy the way she said it, that I just fell in love with it right then and there (the first time I watched that episode when I was a little girl). This scene is also the reason I fell in love with the name Greta.

YouTube Link: (I recommend watching the full video to get the full effect of the dress and the dancing, and the romance (for lack of a better word), but if you don't have time to watch the whole thing, she says the name twice- at 1 minute, and again at 2 minutes 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfv2G42_DU

I like Camilla okay, but since most of the world has a negative association with the name, I'd rather avoid it if possible. But that's just me.

• Camille. I don't know why I don't like Camilla, but I don't... It doesn't make sense.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I prefer Camille.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Camille. It is a very feminine name on its own and the -a at the end of Camilla just makes it too frilly. I like that Camille stands out against all the girl names ending in -a. great name.
    ~ My Crazy, Beautiful Life with 3~ Lachlan,Vito and Willa Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for all your opinions! I think I like Camille better too. I have a bad association with a Camille but I am really trying to get over it bc I love the name
  • Camille for sure.
  • Camilla
    Started TTC May 2010 Dx PCOS Nov 2010 DH dx with abnormal morph, low motility, poor progression, March 2011 Nov 2010, Femara, 2.5 mg + TI, = no response Dec 2010, Femara 5 mg + TI, 1 mature follie = BFN Jan 2011, Femara 5 mg + TI = no response Feb 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + TI, 2 mature follies = BFN March 2011-break April 2011, Clomid, 100 mg = no response May 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + Bravelle = no response, ovarian cyst Jun 2011, Checked for cysts, 1 unexpected mature follie, trigger shot + TI = BFN Jul 2011, Femara 10 mg + IUI #1, 2 mature follies = BFN Aug 2011, break
  • I imagine the personalities of a "Camilla" and a "Camille" being very different. I think a Camille would be spunky and cute. The kind of girl that can throw a football and make anyone laugh. I think of a Camilla as someone who is sweet and pretty, who everyone likes. 

So...if it were me, I would wait until she's born and she which one "fits".  

• Camille.

My mother reminded me yesterday (since we were discussing the royals) that Camilla was the name of Gonzo the mupppet's chicken girlfriend.  ;)  Not that I think that should factor into your decision! 

• I like Camilla better out of the two
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• LMS05LMS05 member
    I like Camille and dislike Camilla. 
  • imagerubyjem00:
    It's one of those strange things for me...I LOVE Camille but I don't like Camilla at all. I can't figure it out...

Same here. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, since my little ones name is Camille, I would definitely choose that one! I've gotten a few side eyes from people who are like "wtf?" but eh, i LOVELOVELOVE the name!
    Photobucket
  • cmw&tdmcmw&tdm member
    Camille
  • kim1989kim1989 member

imageMrs.Deputy:
    They're both NMS, but I MUCH prefer Camille.

this

• tessajdtessajd member
    I know a gorgeous Camille, and so I think that's a great choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"