Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

just left december 2011 mom group

i'm sad to have to say i miscarried our twins and had emergency d&c on tuesday. besides the emotional stress and frustration of it all, i physically feel like i want to try again asap. we have a consult with our RE next monday to see what the next step is but do any of you have any experiences/suggestions on when its okay to try again? or when can i expect AF? is it normal to want to try again right away?

thank you :)

ttc (on and off) since we were married in 2005
unexplained if
3/2011 injectibles with tic = bfp and twins!! edd december
lost both heartbeats and emergency d&c at 7 weeks
9/2011 letrozole,injectibles,and iui = BFP! edd june 2 - baby girl born at 32 weeks and 1 month in NICU...so happy to be healthy and home! 8/2012 whoa! surprise! baby boy due june 2...again!
"...and guard with tenderness, small things that have no words."

Re: just left december 2011 mom group

• Options
    im going to pm you later to talk.  sorry no time now tho.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Edit... Ticker warning

I have no answers, just wanted to offer support. I too was on the Dec. board. I'm going through a miscarriage right now. My Dr. said if I'm not done by Monday we would talk. Not sure what to expect... I did ask when we could start trying again, he said wait and have one cycle. I'm so sorry for your loss, Trust me I get it...

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDesiraeSunshine:
    im going to pm you later to talk.  sorry no time now tho.

i will look later, thank you

unexplained if
    9/2011 letrozole,injectibles,and iui = BFP! edd june 2 - baby girl born at 32 weeks and 1 month in NICU...so happy to be healthy and home! 8/2012 whoa! surprise! baby boy due june 2...again!
  • Options
    imagekdruffles:

Edit... Ticker warning

I have no answers, just wanted to offer support. I too was on the Dec. board. I'm going through a miscarriage right now. My Dr. said if I'm not done by Monday we would talk. Not sure what to expect... I did ask when we could start trying again, he said wait and have one cycle. I'm so sorry for your loss, Trust me I get it...

thank you and i am so sorry...i noticed quite a few of us on the dec board that had to leave. good luck to you and hope we can both get on and stay on a 2012 board soon. post how monday goes if you're up to it.

unexplained if
  • Options

I am so sorry for your losses.

I think they will probably say a few cycles before TTC again, however, please ask for specifics as to "why" and "what if we want to try after 1 cycle".  When I did that, my doctor okayed me to TTC after 1.

I got AF 5.5 weeks after the spotting started and 4 weeks exactly to the day I fully lost the pregnancy (natural m/c).

Good luck to you.

• Options

SOrry for your losses.

I was on the dec board too.

Carolyn Married 7/17/10 TTC since 7/10 BFP#1 4/11/11 M/C 4/16/11 BFP#2 6/16/11 M/C 7/12/11
  • Options

Warning .... siggy pics

I was also on the Dec. board.  I am so, so sorry for your losses.  I agree with PP on trying again.  It was my biggest and best consolation to keep trying after my losses.  No need to feel guilty whatsoever!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Gone but never forgotten, our three angel babies Jude, Mary and Gerard
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your losses. I was on the November board and "yes" I think it's toally normal to want to try again so soon. Hugs to you.
  • Options

I am also from the December 2011 board... so sorry for your loss. I think it is completely normal to want to try again right away! My husband and I have decided to wait for a year, but if I am honest-- I would try again tomorrow if I could. For me, it would certainly ease the pain of this loss. I had an EP w/ surgery, and my doctor said to expect AF in 3-5 weeks. I think it may be different for a d&c? He also said to wait at least two cycles before trying again (we'll be waiting 12 cycles, and I get nervous just thinking about it).

GL to you :)

• Options

**pics in siggy**

I was also due in December and had a natural miscarriage last night. Doctor told me both Thursday when we saw him and today on the phone that we needed to wait one cycle to try.  I am ready to be pregnant again and move forward. It's amazing how quickly you get accustomed to the idea of "by Christmas we'll have our baby" and all of the other plans we made.  Several times this weekend I've caught myself saying things about the baby being here, then realizing, nope! Just letting you know I can relate.  Hopefully, you'll be very lucky and get pregnant as soon as you can!

• Options

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Your doctor will tell you when it's best to start trying again.  I had a D&C 3 weeks ago and the doctor told me that I should expect my cycle in 4 wks but I've read that it takes longer for some people.  It just depend on your body.  We were told to wait 2-3 cycles before trying again but again your doctor will tell you that.  

As far as what's normal when it comes to wanting to try again right away...it's all depends on your normal.  We plan on starting again as soon as we can so that's right away for us. 

• Options

I am also on the Dec. 2011 board, but may have to leave. I am pretty sure I am experiencing a mc. I am so sorry for your loss. It doesnt matter how far long you are, it is still difficult. I do not blame you for wanting to try again asap. My husband and I even discussed that briefly today, that if this is a mc, will we start trying right away? We havent decided. Dont let anyone discourage you, go by your dr's request, and what you and your partner feel is right in your hearts. Again I am terribly sorry, my thoughts and prayers go out to you have your family.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I was on the dec board also. So sorry to be meeting up with you here. Sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"