Trouble TTC
Options

AF and Clomid Question

I know CD 1 is the first day of red flow.  AF started last night at 10:15 pm before I went to bed, so was yesterday CD 1 or is today CD 1?  I usually don't think too much into this, but since this is my first round of Clomid, I want to make sure I have my cycle days correct.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AF and Clomid Question

• Options

Please make sure you are being monitored while being on Clomid.  That being said, I was always told, cd1 is the first day AF shows up.  I would say yesterday is cd1, but when you go in for monitoring cd3, let the RE know you started late last night.  Some of the FF charters may give different advice, I was a NFP charter and the guidelines are a bit different.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    Today would be CD 1.  My RE says anything after 3pm makes the next day CD 1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am being monitored - I'm so happy for that!  I'm supposed to start taking the pill on CD 3, and my doctor is out of the office this weekend, so I was confused on to take it tomorrow or Monday since I won't be able to talk to him until Monday (which could be CD 3 or CD 4 depending on how you look at it).
  • Options
    All the RE's I've heard on this board have differant times (after noon, after 3pm, after 5pm) but they all seem to agree that if it was that late then today is CD1.  I'd take the first pill Monday night.  Even with your doctor out of town, they should have nurses around or someone on call if you want to calm your fears. 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

I agree with Katib.  There should be someone on call to page so that they can answer that question for you.  My opinion is that today is cd1 with you getting AF so late in the night.

• Options
    I would call the nurses line at your RE's office. I'm sure one of them either knows or can get in touch with your dr to ask. And if you don't hear back before cd3, then many RE's will start clomid on cd5. However, I would try to get in touch with someone to know when to come in for you baseline u/s. 
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options

imagekatib77:
    All the RE's I've heard on this board have differant times (after noon, after 3pm, after 5pm) but they all seem to agree that if it was that late then today is CD1. 

My RE says full flow before noon but I know other RE's are later. Since yours started so late I would count today as CD1.

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"