Cincinnati Babies
Options

Falling out of toddler bed

Does your toddler fall out of their toddler bed?  We are in the process of switching L and he fell out last night which  woke him up.  We are afraid that he will continue to fall out and thus keep waking up in middle of the night.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Falling out of toddler bed

• Options
    Cedric has never fallen out of his.  Hope Leo doesn't keep doing it!
  • Options
    No, but he refused to sleep in the actual bed until I put bumpers up.  I don't know what kind of bed you have, but these magic bumpers have helped B sleep in his bed and do give him the security he needs.  He can also get in and out of his bed with these on, so that's an even bigger bonus. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you get a special sheet or did your crib sheet fit over them?
  • Options
    Our crib sheet fits...  it's a little tight, but it works.  His sheets still stay on better than the ones on dh and I's bed.  The mattress pad goes on first, then the bumpers, then the sheets. 
  • Options
    Thx! I think the crib is going back up for awhile and we will get the magic bumpers for when we try again.
  • Options

Don't most toddler beds have a side rail?

We didn't do a toddler bed, just went straight to a twin but we put a safety rail up. She's never fallen out of bed. 

ETA: I asked about the toddler bed side rail because I am having trouble picturing how he's falling out based on the toddler beds I have seen. Just trying to understand the physics behind it, not meant to sound snarky. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It does not have a rail. It was also my sisters, about 20 years old. Maybe most new ones have rails. This one is fisher price and white. I think they still make essentially the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"