Parenting
Options

question...sick vs. antibiotic side effect

Maren was diagnosed with an ear infection 8 days ago and was given Omnicef.  She has had a really bad cough and lots of congestion this whole time too.  I asked the dr a couple days after she started her meds if it would treat bronchitis as well, if she had that (which I think she did/does).  The dr said yes.

Since starting the meds her napping has been somewhat off, but not really her night sleep aside from the first couple of nights. She is not eating well at all though.  She'll take a couple of nibbles and then be done with it.  We are offering her things she likes and she still refuses.  Her diapers have been ok...no diarrhea.  Her behavior is very typical for her.  Does the not eating seem like it could just be from her antibiotics?  I'm going to call in today and see what they think.  Just curious if anyone here had a similar experience.  She already has an appt scheduled for Mon morning for her 2 yo check up, so I am sure we will just wait things out until then since she seems fine otherwise....

Re: question...sick vs. antibiotic side effect

• Options
    My DD has been on Omnicef a few times and loss of appetite always went with it. She usually doesn't eat very well when she's on any antibiotic or not feeling well. I think it's pretty common and wouldn't be too concerned unless it continued for a while after she was finished with the meds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"