Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

will i use this many sleep sacks and Swaddle Me's?

Ok I got the following as gifts:

2 Halo sleeps sacks -- sleeveless ones size S

1 Halo sleep sack swaddle Size S

2 Swaddle Me's (premade swaddle wraps) Size S

Is this too many or will I get good use out of them?  I feel like after today's work baby shower I have way to many clothes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: will i use this many sleep sacks and Swaddle Me's?

• Options
    lautilauti member
    I think that's fine.  Baby is bound to spit-up or dirty one in one way or another, so it's good to have extras.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our baby LOVES to be swaddled and we have 1 Swaddle me and a couple receiving blankets and they have lasted up just fine :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's how many we had, and definitely got our use out of them. We are still using the Swaddle Me, but will sadly have to retire them soon... Crying
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I love the Halo Swaddle. Although, ours was newborn so LO grew to long very fast :(

Just make sure they all aren't for the same size baby. They all say small, so maybe trade some in? I love Halo's. I think you'll use those longer than swaddles. LO already is done swaddling as she loves her arms out. So, I swaddle the rest of her as a blanket. 

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I never used one, I had 1 sleep sack that I tried to use once.  DD hated having her arms swaddled so it never made her happy.  It is hard to say what your LO will like.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think that's too many.  It's always good to have a spare of everything, especially early on, because of spit up and diaper leaks.  It's nice not having to do laundry every day.  You'll probably be swaddling most of the time so you could exchange one of the Halo sleep sacks for the next size up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    Thanks!  I guess I will just have to wait an see what my little girl will like and just deal with it.  But, I think I will keep everything and but will only open one Swaddle me and one sleep sack to see how it works out and return the other one if she doesn't like one.
  • Options
    We had swaddle blankets and the swaddle mes which we loved. We swaddled until 3 months and didn't know that was too long until the pedi told us we should have stopped at 2 months. Over that time, we had about 6 swaddle mes because we have a laundry service soo I usually send our stuff off when we accumulate enough stuff and cannot wash stuff at any point. It was great having that many although I would use the size M. We stopped swaddling cold turkey on the day the pedi told us to stop and that went well, we use the sleep sack blanket as her blanket now. We have 8 Aden and Anais sleep sacks and I change them every night just like I change her pjs. The spit up is 10X worse at this age so it's necessary to change them IMO. I also started with the size M sleep sacks even though LO is on the small size (she was 11lbs-12oz at 3 months and the Ms are recc for >16 lbs, 6-12mos) and they worked just fine.
  • Options
    My daughter never liked the swaddle-me at all so ours were not used. We used the sleep sacks for a while. Although I would agree with the PP to start with the medium size sleep sacks because your LO will outgrow the small size pretty quickly!
  • Options

I swaddled my twins until 5.5 months. We only had 4 SwaddleMe's in small and 2 in medium. They sleep in Sleepsacks now and we have 2 fleece and 2 cotton. We do a ton of laundry anyway so I didn't feel the need to have anymore.

• Options

We have 2 halo seep sacks and 2 swaddle me's.  I wish I had a couple more swaddle me's.  We swaddle DD at night, and when they are dirty I use the halo's.  Only problem is, then her arms are out.

I would wait to return things.  I also thought I had too many bibs, or onesies, or whatever, but truly I had no idea what I would  need until DD got here.  She spits up so much, that I am changing her like crazy- so she needs multiples of everything! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"