Success after IF
Options

Outdoor toys for 1yr old?

I am looking for ideas to give people for Jack's birthday. I would love for him to get a lot of outdoor stuff since we really don't have anything out there. His birthday is the first week of July so it will give him all summer to play!

these are things I am thinking of...

Cozy coope

Water table

sand box

small wading pool

3 in 1 tricycle

Sand toys/water toys

Torn about the baby swing, it would be convenient to have one here but we have swings a few blocks away and when we go for walks we always visit the swings. 

So did your kids get use out of the items? Am I totally off base? What other things would you suggest?

Forever in our hearts
~12/05 * 7/06 * 12/06 * 4/07 * 10/08~
"When the world says, "Give up" hope whispers, "Try one more time"
After 4yrs, 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's, 2 FET's, PGD, and 5 losses our little miracle is finally here!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Cricket's Cadence

Re: Outdoor toys for 1yr old?

• Options

I bought G a water table and a push car (I think that is different than the cozy coupe-- it is totally pushed by me, not her feet) and both got TONS of use all summer.  I bought her a three in one trike last month and wish I had bought it sooner but.....I'm not sure it would have been too great at one, but that may depend on the exact model you get.

I would never buy her a sand box but that is because I fear random cat poop and think it would be a huge pita to clean up the sand.

And I purposely chose a water table over the pool just because I felt like she was not going to get as much use out of the pool and it would be more work for me, but we will probably get her one this year.  I think it's fine for a one year old, I was just too lazy ; ) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedesabean:

I would never buy her a sand box but that is because I fear random cat poop and think it would be a huge pita to clean up the sand.

I have the same concerns about the sand box. Do you think a sand/water table would be a better option?

Forever in our hearts
    ~12/05 * 7/06 * 12/06 * 4/07 * 10/08~
    "When the world says, "Give up" hope whispers, "Try one more time"
    After 4yrs, 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's, 2 FET's, PGD, and 5 losses our little miracle is finally here!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nolan and Lincoln have a plastic golf club set, and they love it!

Also, he may be a bit young for this, but Nolan got a Fisher Price  Grow with me Basketball hoop. Lincoln actually plays with it more than Nolan! 

We have a sand box, but also have MANY stray cats in our neighborhood, so we have to have one with a lid. Just a thought. 

• Options

Tanner loves his Whisper ride buggy. 

A few other things he received as gifts are a sand & water table, a picnic table, and a playhouse.  He hasn't used these yet but I can let you know if he likes them when we get them out. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"