April 2011 Moms
Options

DS's name spelled wrong on his social security card

Seriously? This is not what I want to deal with next week. And I'm concerned about how this will impact the birth certificate. DH filled out the application and says he did it in all caps so there is no way the o could have been mistaken for an e.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS's name spelled wrong on his social security card

• Options
    My dad's is backwards on his SS card, so it looks like his middle name is his first name. My grandma never got it fixed and my dad is just now getting around to changing it. It is easier to change it through SS then on the BC they told him, so your lucky it the was the SS card that was wrong and not the BC.
  • Options
    Ugh! Annoying. I hope it gets resolved without too much hassle. :)
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just went to get Sam's birth certificate and they screwed up and put my husband's place of birth as Mexico rather than NEW Mexico, so we're waiting on a corrected one. I think they screw up on data entry quite frequenty
  • Options

imagerxredhead:
    We just went to get Sam's birth certificate and they screwed up and put my husband's place of birth as Mexico rather than NEW Mexico, so we're waiting on a corrected one. I think they screw up on data entry quite frequenty

Wow, I hope you get this fixed before your son runs for president!  Wink

• Options
    I work for Social Security.....you can get your LO's name corrected easily if the name on the birth certificate is not misspelled.  If the name on the birth certificate is misspelled, get that fixed first then go to Social Security to get the SSN card corrected.  Hopefully the BC is correct! 
  • Options
    When my husband filled out his passport info the lday processing it must hve though he didn't know his name and kindly changed it to Micheal instead of Mike his actual name. We almost missed going on a trip because it was so close getting his new one printed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageITGurl0626:
    I work for Social Security.....you can get your LO's name corrected easily if the name on the birth certificate is not misspelled.  If the name on the birth certificate is misspelled, get that fixed first then go to Social Security to get the SSN card corrected.  Hopefully the BC is correct! 
    So I need to wait to get his bc? The website says if the app is still at the office they can correct it then. I have no idea if the app is still there but we literally just got the card yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"