March 2011 Moms
Options

breast fed baby

My baby is pooping every 5 days, seems comfortable but may be kind of stinky by the 5th day(gas) My doctor says to give her juice to help with the BM but since she is breast fed she is not worried as long as it doesn't go more than a week. So far juice works great. I am just concerned that it is not just one time thing, she always holds it up for 5 days or so...Anybody's baby rarely poop?

Re: breast fed baby

• Options
    I seem to have the opposite problem. Mine poops pretty much every time I feed her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imagemklove1984:
    I seem to have the opposite problem. Mine poops pretty much every time I feed her. 

Same here! We have a dirty diaper ever time she eats.

My pedi said not to worry if she starts to poop once a day or once a week, but nothing like that has come up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your doctor said juice after only 5 days!?!?!  A breastfed baby can go 7-10 days with out pooping and it is totally normal.  You don't need to give your baby anything extra.  Breastmilk is extremely usable in the babies system,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageStellarStina26:
    Your doctor said juice after only 5 days!?!?!  A breastfed baby can go 7-10 days with out pooping and it is totally normal.  You don't need to give your baby anything extra.  Breastmilk is extremely usable in the babies system,

I agree... no juice!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The longest my LO has gone is 2 days without a poop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageerikaautumn:

imageStellarStina26:

I agree... no juice!! 

I third this!  I can't believe your Dr suggested juice!  I'm assuming her stool is soft/loose when she does go, right?  If so then there is no reason at all to give juice after 5 days!

• Options
    imageerikaautumn:

imageStellarStina26:

I agree... no juice!! 

my pedi said I can give her juice after 4 days

• Options
    imageFutureMrsCaesar:
    imageerikaautumn:

imageStellarStina26:

I agree... no juice!! 

I third this!  I can't believe your Dr suggested juice!  I'm assuming her stool is soft/loose when she does go, right?  If so then there is no reason at all to give juice after 5 days!

my question was to ask if any other babies poop this rare, the only answer i got was that every breast fed baby poops every feeding, and the longest a baby went was 2 days. So... does YOUR baby poop every 5 days? Anybody's baby poop every 5 days here on the boards? Doesn't seem to be, so statistically it doesn't appear to be normal. Don't tell me that my pedi is wrong for suggesting juice... she saw the baby and examined it and the baby was very uncomfortable, so she suggested juice and it works for us.

• Options
    My baby doesn't go that long but my sil has warned me about "total consumption ". Basically, babies body uses all the breast milk thus no poop for several days. Sorry your LO seems uncomfortable, that doesn't seem normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"