Northern California Babies
Options

Possibly a stupid question...

How do Boogie Wipes work? I got a sample of them when I registered at Buy Buy Baby and am kind of unclear how they work. I know they have saline, but how does the saline work if it's not put into the nostril? I'm intrigued and just wanted to know.

Thanks.

Re: Possibly a stupid question...

• Options
    Have you ever tried wiping your nose with some of the baby wipes? They sting. Boogie wipes do not. The saline really only breaks up the crusties on the outside of the nose. So it was good for really bad colds where she'd wake up with her face covered in snot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, ditto M.  The saline breaks up the crusties.  I don't like that they're scented, though.  I have some saline stuff that I got as part of a Baby Gift pack way back when and I just use some of that on a paper towel and it works just as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont know but they are fantastic, I even love them for myself. However i know when the boogies are dry on daughters nose, they wipe them right off, better then a wipe and kleenex. Plus they dont make your nose red and raw. The unscented are awesome!!
  • Options

imageMrs_Shmoopie:
    Yep, ditto M.  The saline breaks up the crusties.  I don't like that they're scented, though.  I have some saline stuff that I got as part of a Baby Gift pack way back when and I just use some of that on a paper towel and it works just as well. 

They make unscented ones. I forget if the non-stinky ones are in the green or the white packets.

• Options
    Thank you for posting this.  While I'd heard for them, I had no experience with them and frankly figured they were just some gimmicky crap but now I think I need some.  I hate dealing with those hard crusty boogers on fast,wiggly, headshaking toddlers.
  • Options
    Yes, good to know about! thanks
  • Options
    imageAvaLikeLava:

imageMrs_Shmoopie:

They make unscented ones. I forget if the non-stinky ones are in the green or the white packets.

Ooh, thanks!  Good to know!  The scented ones are in the green packets, I believe.  I'll have to keep a look out for the unscented ones.  

• Options
    The original scent are in green, grape is in purple and unscented are in white. I made the H pick up a couple of packages of the unscented ones for me when I was sick in January. They definitely helped and they kept my nose/upper lip area from getting too red and dry.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"