Trouble TTC
Options

If you had to take progesterone to start AF

Did you have any spotting before AF finally came?  How long?  I was on prometrium for 7 days, I took the last pill on Tues night.  Yesterday and this morning I had some bright red spotting, but still not a full-on period.  Is this normal?  

I'm actually really hoping it doesn't start until tomorrow, because we have plans on Sunday that would interfere with the day 3 scan and bloodwork. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you had to take progesterone to start AF

• Options

Still new to this, but I will respond with my experience.

I was just given Provera to induce my period.  There are 10 pills & on day 7, I got my period. The 1st day I wasn't sure if it was actually a period or spotting (so I called & they said to call back the next day-which is today) with results. It's definitely my period & they did FSH testing today. The blood work just came back & I have been given the ok to start BCP & will have my HSG next week.

I asked the same question yesterday & some others said you can spot while taking the pills though (mine just happened to be my actual period instead)

04/07/11- PCOS Diagnosis w/GYN. Put on Metformin (1500 mgs)
    04/25/11- 1st consultation with RE (Confirmed PCOS & Anovulation)
    05/09/11-HSG-All clear! 05/13/11-SA-Normal. Found out on 2/14/12, low Morph (1%).
    06/17/11-10 days of Clomid (100, 150) No response.
    07/10/11-03/20/12- 5 Injectable (Follistim) IUI cycles; 4 BFN, 1 C/P. (stims ranged from 11 days to 25 days)
    05/28/12-Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. 75 mcg Synthroid.

IVF with ICSI in June/July 2013 = BFP!. Beta # 1 = 123. Beta # 2 = 252. Due March 25th. Baby boy arrived March 27, 2013!

FET #1 - 10/4/14 = BFP!! Beta #1 = 179. Beta # 2 = 499. Due June 22nd.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Hi,

I don't know about prometrium, but it should be no problem to do your tests on day 4 instead.  Also, most REs have a set time that AF has to start by to call it day 1. My RE says that if AF starts after 3:00, then CD 1 is the next day.  So, you should be in the clear.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am on prometrium, but not to start AF.  RE has me take it during the 2ww.  Once I get my BFN, I stop taking it and about 4 days later AF.  So Sunday night was my last pill and Wed evening AF was here.  If I get the elusive BFP, I would keep taking them.  HTH

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    I took a progesterone supplement to start AF once about a year ago.  I know I took it and then a week later I got AF.  I did not spot before I got AF though.  Sorry if thats not alot of help.  I hope AF comes and doesn't mess with your weekend plans.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"