Multiples
Options

How much sleep are you getting?

DH wanted to know if we are "normal".  Please tell me how old your LOs are and how much sleep you get on an average night. Thanks!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How much sleep are you getting?

• Options

straight sleep or total sleep?

my kids are 15 weeks old. They go to bed between 7:30 and 9 p.m. right now depending on the night. We go to bed around 11 p.m.

They sleep until 6:30 +/- 15 minutes. so I get around 7 hours of sleep per night. 

Some days they go back down after their 6:30 a.m. feed, others they do not. I'm usually up for the day no matter what though.

• Options
    My girls sleep from 7:30-5am straight and they are 4.5 months old.  I, however, am pumping to keep my supply up, so I don't go to bed until around11:30 and wake up at 5am.  Sometimes I'll sneak in a nap after dinner...I am exhausted and so ready to be done pumping!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine will be 8 months tomorrow. They go to bed at 6:45pm and get up at 6:45am, with a feeding at 5am before DH and I get ready for work. Until recently, they used to wake up 1-2 other times a night and be up for a while. So, until recently, I was getting about 5 hours of sleep b/c I had trouble falling back to sleep between wake-ups. Recently, I've been able to get a full 7-8 hours, depending on when I go to bed, and it's glorious.
  • Options
    My girls are just about 6 months and sleep from 6:45pm to 7:30am.  They have been sleeping like this since 4.5 months.
  • Options

My children are almost 1 and go to bed at 8, are up to eat at 12 and 4, and then are up for the day between 7-8. I have only had at most four hours of sleep at a time since before they were born.

I really hope they start sleeping through the night, or we will be sleep training very soon. I'm thinking next week.

I also EBF if that makes any difference.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • Options

boys are asleep between 8 and 9.  im usually PASSED OUT by 9 or 10. If a kid wakes up before 12, SO feeds, anything after we trade off.  Right now, Cooper wakes up about 2ish.  Cannon will go til at least 3ish so on a good night one of us gets about a five hour straight stretch.  But we just started sleeping them in their cribs so they're waking between feeds for pacis and what not...

IMO...prematurity can have a lot to do with sleep

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The boys sleep from 8-6:30 straight.  I go to bed about 12:00, which is stupid since I don't get enough sleep and all I have to do is go to bed sooner.  I'm like a little kid who fights it. 
  • Options
    LOs get their last bottle at 7:30pm and are usually asleep by 8pm at the latest. They wake around 7:30am. I am in bed by 10:30/11pm but sometimes fall asleep on the couch earlier than that. Embarrassed
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    LOs are 3 months old (ish) and we get 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night, but not in a stretch. Usually we get about 3 hours from putting them down to their first night feeding, and then 1 or 2 hours after that. They're just really fussy for the second half of the night, and they wake each other up. My DS1 gets up anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30, and I have to help with him so DH can get to work.
  • Options

Mine were still waking to feed once or twice a night until about a month ago. They dropped both nighttime feedings within a couple weeks of each other.

They go to bed around 7pm. I'm usually in a coma around 10pm. They sometimes wake 1-3 times/night for a soother, sometimes not at all. They're up for the day between 6-7am.

• Options

I'm extremely jealous of the majority of the posters who get 5+ hours of uninterupted sleep... I have probably had 2 or 3 nights since the girls were born that I've gotten 5 hours of sleep in a stretch.

They usually go to bed anywhere from 7-9, sometimes Allison likes to stay up with mom and dad until we go to bed at 11, though I usually don't fall asleep till 12ish. I'm then woken up at either 2 or 3 am by Allison, because she will not sleep more than 3 hours at a time, and then again at either 5 or 6 am by Vanessa, because she actually does STTN, but I can't count this as an achievement because her sister doesn't... they are usually awake and ready to go by 8am.

Most nights though I'm up multiple times in between these feeding times returning pacis, like the night before last when I had approximately 4 hours of interrupted sleep (the best kind right?), and then wasn't allowed to go back to sleep started at 4am until 8:30 am. I "love" those mornings when I get to watch the sun rise...

• Options
    My girls are 6 weeks old and I get up every 2 hours to feed them, sometimes every hour. I have been sleeping during the day when they sleep and have been so exhausted I can't even keep my milk supply up with pumping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine go down around 6:30 and eat every two hours until they get u
  • Options
    Our twins are 6 weeks old, we usually get a 2 1/2 hour stretch when they go down after their 10:30 feed, and after they wake up around 2ish to eat we have anywhere between 3 - 5 hour stretch. Although, that is usually with me coaxing one of them back to sleep. Also, DS has bad reflux, so I'm usually up multiple times checking on him when he spits up.
    imageimage
  • Options
    My boys are 9 weeks old and go to bed about 10 and sleep till 4-5, then back down till 7 ish.

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I hate you all with your good sleepers!  :p
  • Options
    My boys go down between 8-8:30 and sleep until 7:30 or 8. They both took one night this week and got up at 4 for a snack (I gave 2oz) so they didn't get off our regular schedule. We are working on slowly deswaddling now. I love the swaddle, I don't want to let it go.
    Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!
  • Options
    Their last feeding is anywhere from 8-10 depending on the day, & they sleep after that till 5-6, sometimes a bit later. They eat then & sleep until about 9:30. I usually nap between those 1st two morning feedings, too. Momma needs beauty rest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"