Infertility Veterans
Options

Bedrest ladies - random chatter (and some ?)

I got home at 2pm yesterday, it's 11am now, and I've gotten up a total of 6x to use the bathroom since then.  I can't believe I'm actually keeping track.

My RE told me to not take in too much water, but I also don't want to dehydrate.  Are you mainly drinking Gatorade? Water?  How often are you getting up/ up to pee?  Mr RE has a very strict BR policy for the first 4 days (and modified for 5 more days actually) and I really want to follow instructions.

Curious how you're all doing (kthappy? worms? cookieQ? and other BR ladies!)! 

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bedrest ladies - random chatter (and some ?)

• Options

I have to pee all. the. time. Even without drinking a ton.

Last time I had to be chugging gatorade like it was my job because of OHSS.This time I'm drinking normally. I would guess I've been up 8 or so times since I got home yesterday. I'm not really keeping track. Just quick bathroom trips. I'll have to heat up my lunch on my next bathroom trip.

I'm on strict bedrest through tomorrow and then modified til tuesday.

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    Wow really 4 days - my RE only says 24 hours - I just posted above about it - I have so much going on right now - I cannot be on bedrest for that long - but I am worried then it will not take - with my last IVF I was only on bedrest for 48 hours.  Of course I would take it easy and not be lifting anything over 10 pounds - but is that enough - now I am worried.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Jackie I wouldn't be worried.  My RE is just really conservative I think, most people I know are only on bedrest for a day, maybe 2, or no strict bedrest at all.  My RE treats a lot of older women and high risk, and the nurse said he doesn't differentiate his bedrest instructions between his patients so basically I am abiding by instructions that a high risk patient would follow!  You'll be fine!  I didn't mean to alarm you.

Every time I get up I do walk pretty slow, that makes me feel better about it. 

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

WOW, that is seriously strict!!!

My RE is of the other school....I would prob be allowed to go sky diving the next day (i kid, i kid).

I'd pull my hair out!  GL, i hope you have lots of DVD's!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hope you ladies don't mind me butting in.  I thought I'd share why I'm not a fan of BR...

This was the only cycle where I didn't even abide by the "modified" br that my RE put me on.  On the other 3 times, I literally only got up to pee when I was going to explode and confined myself to my bedroom for 2 days. This time, I was up and cooked lunch as soon as we got home from ET.  I made dinner both nights, emptied the dishwasher,did laundry, and stayed on up the first floor (which I straigtened up) but went upstairs when I needed to. If it wasn't February and snowing, I probably would have gone out of the house.   Now, I didn't exactly run a marathon or do more than I typically do, but I listened to my body and if I felt tired, I stopped.  I found BR stressed me out and I refused to be a prisioner in my own home.

I know everyone's RE was different, but in my case, my lack of br really didn't matter :).  I wouldn't worry about how many times you used the potty..I'm sure its OK!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just had to add that I'm peeing all.the.time as well!  Seriously without drinking a ton I have to pee!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I was not allowed any water and only 32 ounces of Gatorade a day but I had a mild to moderate case of OHSS.

My RE requires strict 24 hour bed rest and then 48 at hour of couch/house rest.

Hope you embies are getting comfy!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"