Postpartum Depression
Options

Prozac

I just started prozac a week ago and I think it's helping. I haven't cried for 6 days which is HUGE, but I still go to "the dark side" some days. I also notice I am sweaty during the night and have absolutely no appetite. I have lost about 2.5 lbs since taking it. I'd love to hear others' experience with Prozac, as I have never been on antidepressants before this. TIA!

Re: Prozac

• Options
    I haven't tried Prozac but I started on Paxil and now I'm on Wellbutrin. I sweated alot more on both of them. But with time it all got better. For most people the side effects go away after you've been on it for awhile.
    DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
  • Options
    I was on 80mg of Prozac for about a year.  It worked great for me until after my son was born and then I had to switch to something else.  I actually put on about 10lbs. with it though.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello :)  I've been on it for about 6 weeks.  I was started on 20mg and really questioned if it was working some days.  I stuck it out and finally started to feel better after about 3 weeks or so.  My anxiety was still not improving much so she upped me to 40mg.  I already feel like it's helping.

Feel free to ask any questions!  Good luck! 

• Options

Hi,

I've been on Prozac for many years. I've tried other antidepressants (Wellbutrin - made me very irritable; Effexor - horrible withdrawal effects). Prozac doesn't cause any withdrawal effects, in my experience. It also causes very few side effects....I mostly had heartburn and sleepiness but after time  that goes away.

Everyone is different, but for me, Prozac has been a lifesaver and I'd highly recommend it. Mind you, it won't completely prevent you from going to "the dark side" some days...no antidepressant will. But it will at least help you to function and make the dark days fewer.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"