Northern California Babies
Options

No updates on laboring friend :(

To recap, she's 37.5 weeks pg.  Lives 2 hours away.  Has a medical condition that is dangerous for her, and requires that she have a cesarean.

My friend texted yesterday afternoon at 4:30 that she was being admitted and expected baby to arrive last night.  I asked if she was okay and if she needed anything.  She texted that she couldn't talk but was fine and didn't need anything.  With a smiley face. I haven't heard anything since. I left a voicemail this morning about an hour ago and I'm trying to not lose my mind with worry for her.

So can I get some more dust for her?  And some calm the heck down friend dust for me?

Re: No updates on laboring friend :(

• Options
    lots of dust
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry, that's so tough.  :(  Although, when I was in labor with N and had a c-section it was really hard for me to get to the phone and update people.  Unknowingly, my mom and sis were going nuts (in another state) because they were convinced something terrible had happened because it had been so long since the last update.  So, I am sure everything is fine-things just move fast and furiously and sometimes communication with the outside world is hard.  Big hugs!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRevJG:
    I am so sorry, that's so tough.  :(  Although, when I was in labor with N and had a c-section it was really hard for me to get to the phone and update people.  Unknowingly, my mom and sis were going nuts (in another state) because they were convinced something terrible had happened because it had been so long since the last update.  So, I am sure everything is fine-things just move fast and furiously and sometimes communication with the outside world is hard.  Big hugs!

I'm trying to remember this J. I did the same thing.  I labored for so long I just stopped sending updates. :( But bestie was by my side through the whole thing. 

• Options
    Thinking of your friend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope everything is alright, but more than likely they're just overwhelmed by everything right now. She's likely still in bed with the pressure boots, maybe with no/poor internet coverage. Maybe phone battery died if they went in unexpectedly?
  • Options

imageAvaLikeLava:
    I hope everything is alright, but more than likely they're just overwhelmed by everything right now. She's likely still in bed with the pressure boots, maybe with no/poor internet coverage. Maybe phone battery died if they went in unexpectedly?

Thanks Ava!  I bet that's what she'll tell me if she ever calls me back! ;)  It's been about 24 hours now since I heard from her and I'm trying to be good and give her space by not calling AGAIN.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"