2nd Trimester
Options

Headaches? How do you deal?

Hi Ladies,

So I'm officially here today!  Yay!  Luckily my m/s is gone and I'm feeling a bit better, however, I am still EXHAUSTED mid-late afternoon and have started getting dull headaches that seem to focus close to the back of my head and neck.  I didn't have this when I was pg with DS, so I was wondering how you all are dealing with it.  Thanks in advance!

~Danielle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!

Re: Headaches? How do you deal?

• Options
    Those types of headaches are usually a sign that I am dehydrated.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was also going to suggest possible dehydration.  Make yourself drink water all day.  I have a 24 ounce tumbler that I make myself drink three times before I drink anything else besides water. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tylenol or any acetaminophen is safe to take during pregnancy as well if hydrating doesn't help. And the exhaustion for me got better late week 14 and didn't start creeping back in until about week 25 or 26.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lot's of water...rest...and when they are bad a tylenol..dr said it was ok
  • Options

I've been getting a lot of random headaches lately as well.  I usually try these:

1.  make sure I'm hydrated, drink an extra glass or two of water right there

2.  eat a snack or a light meal

2.  cold compress on head/temples for 20 min

3.  if it doesn't go away, take Tylenol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a tube sock that's about 2/3 full with rice. I keep it in the freezer. When I have a tension headache, I wrap it around the back of my neck and it feels awesome.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get bad headaches to begin with and now being prego makes them worse.   try to stay away from taking meds so I use HeadOn which is allowed!  I asked my midwife and wanted to hug her after she said I could use it!  It works for me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"