Pregnant after 35
Options

How do I remember this special time

This is my first baby, and because of my age and my husband has a son from a previous marriage, this will be my only child.  I want to remember this pregnancy and how I feel during this time.  Do any of you have any ideas on how to record your feelings and thoughts during this time?  I would love to reflect back and be able to share with my LO how happy I feel and how I savor each moment during this pregnancy. 

I lost my first pregnancy, and somehow through that, coupled with my age, I have really tried to take nothing for granted.  This is my time for a miracle, and I want my LO to be able to look back at something and know how special this time was for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do I remember this special time

• Options

I started a blog - private, of course.  It is much easier for me to type rather than write.  I can also add pictures, etc...anyway, the blog can easily be turned into a bound book.  I have some experience with graphic design/layout but the ready-madetemplates I have found online are really, really nice and I'm using one of those. You can always create your own, though.

I plan on keeping this blog going even after LO is born and will be able to make books each Christmas for the Grandparents, etc...

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options

I loved The Pregnancy Journal by Christine Harris. 

Start a blog - private or not. They are easy to have printed now. 

Pictures. The weekly side shots? Take 'em! Also, invest in a quality photographer to take some tasteful pregnancy photos. You may even want to consider having someone there for the birth if you and DH aren't so photographically inclined.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just bought a scrap book, think I'll keep the weekly side shots going in it with u/s pix and any other updates or things I want to write down. Sadly DH is terrible at taking these shots, I may have to have someone else take over that job soon! lol

I'd say whatever is easiest for you, I know some people do online journals, websites ect. I'm not too into the computer stuff, more of an old fashioned paper and pen kinda person. well, other than my new addiction to the bump.com LOL

:) Have fun with it!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I read a couple of pregnancy books that recommend a journal.

I think I wrote in it for 3 days before I stopped because that's just not me. I was never one for writing a diary or blog or anything like that. Heck I can barely remember to update my facebook status most of the time LOL

The baby book we got has a few excerpts from during pregnancy... spots for baby shower, ultrasounds, pictures of "mommy and me" before I was born. Places to put "favorite foods Mommy craved", etc.

I think those things would be a blast for you and your child to read later on when they're adults.

This is my first and last. I'm 40, my husband is 36. We were never expecting to be parents.

I wish this pregnancy had been easier on me, then perhaps I would want to cherish the moments... as of right now, I want to forget all the pain and discomfort and weight gain as soon as I give birth LOL.

Best of luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"