High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD Insurance question

I got my testing supplies and such last week at the Target pharmacy, but I'm not sure they charged my insurance correctly. They were super busy, and right before closing, so I didn't make a big deal of it, but I ended up paying about $85 for lancets, BG test strips, and keytone test strips. Does this sound right? Our insurance is pretty good, so I was a little surprised to be charged so much, but I don't know if that's full cost or cost after insurance. If I called insurance to check, could they tell me if they were billed? If not, and they should have been, is there a way to get reimbursed?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD Insurance question

• Options
    What kind did you get? Our Rx insurance only covers the store brand so they were pretty cheap, but I had my monitor for 2 weeks before it screwed up, so we are just going with the one touch and paying the extra for hopefully only a few months.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageohfour:
    What kind did you get? Our Rx insurance only covers the store brand so they were pretty cheap, but I had my monitor for 2 weeks before it screwed up, so we are just going with the one touch and paying the extra for hopefully only a few months.

My meter, which was just given to me by the diabetes center, is an accu-chek and the test strips come in a barrel that you pop in. The lancets I'm assuming are standard, but they weren't that much ($15). The keytone test strips are I think called ketostix?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds about right to me. I have a One Touch Ultra, and my lancets are only about $14, and ketosticks are about the same. I buy them both over the counter, no prescription needed. My test strips though... they suck the life out of my bank account. I have a $75 co-pay for 150 strips, and I have to pay that every 5-6 weeks.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My insurance fully covered the meter and all supplies/refills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

As far as test strips I've paid anywhere from $20-60 for a month's supply depending on my different insurances (I have pre-exisiting diabetes). Lancets are usually pretty cheap for me...around $10 a box

I think out of pocket costs for strips is $$$$$$$$$ (you could google it)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

With no insurance coverage, I paid 14.45 for 100 lancets and 70.49 for 100 strips. The meter was free.

I think it cost around $35 for everything for the store brand stuff that WAS covered by my insurance.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That sounds about right. I got the One Touch Ulta 2 and paid $75 for the monitor, lancet thing, box of 100 lancets, testing strips, and keytone strips. I think the lancets, test strips and keytone strips are going to run about $50 a month for me.
  • Options
    imageheie0008:

As far as test strips I've paid anywhere from $20-60 for a month's supply depending on my different insurances (I have pre-exisiting diabetes). Lancets are usually pretty cheap for me...around $10 a box

I think out of pocket costs for strips is $$$$$$$$$ (you could google it)

OOP costs for test strips are insane. I looked at Target the other day and a box of 50 strips was $60 :S 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's the strips that'll always get you!  With our insurace, the lancets are only about $3.00 per 100 count box, but the strips are about $53.00 per 100 count box.  I got the meter from the diabetes consultant, so I'm not sure how that was charged.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"