Baby Showers
Options

Party to reveal the sex of the baby

Does anyone have any ideas on party games to reveal the sex of your baby to family and friends?

Re: Party to reveal the sex of the baby

• Options
    It seems somewhat a strange idea, to tell you the truth.  I think that would best be enjoyed in a private conversation.
  • Options
     I told everyone that the cake at the end of dinner either had pink or blue frosting as the center layer.   I played a joke on mil by putting one corner pink and giving it to her as the first slice.  The pictures are priceless you see her so excited then really angry. LMAO 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't have a party, per se, but I was getting together w/ a group of girlfriends a couple days after our big u/s.  So I decided to have some fun w/ announcing the sex.  This was a bit time consuming, but my friends LOVED it.

I made white white white cupcakes.  I also made white pudding that I added dye to in order to make it blue.  Then using a melon baller, I took a ball of the cupcake out, put in a scoop of the pudding, cut the ball off and put the "lid" back on, then iced the whole cupcake in white icing.

Then- everyone got a cupcake and all bit into it at the same time to reveal the pudding!   

It was a lot of fun! 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    The cake ideas seem to be the best way to go. I'm going to do this too! I'll probably add the name on there also...
  • Options

I don't think it is strange at all. I think it is something to celebrate...everyone is so excited to find out so a party and/or game seems just right!

I like the cake/icing idea. I might do this!

• Options
    I can't imagine putting this much effort into telling people the sex of the baby.  I thought it was fun just telling them and seeing their reactions....I've never heard of people doing stuff like this before.
  • Options

go to babyshower101.com - LOTS of games on there and I'm sure you could find one to change slightly and reveal the sex. have fun!

• Options

We just did this and it was alot of fun!  We had everyone dress in shades of blue or pink (depending on whether they were guessing "girl" or "boy").  Then we played the U/S video for everyone. 

I tried the cake idea, but I didn't have time to make my own and the bakery didn't exactly get the point of what we were doing.  So instead we just had all the drinks, tablesetting, desserts, etc. be in pink and blue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"