Orange County Babies
Options

delivering at Hoag???

Hello,

I'm due mid August with my second, another boy!

I had an epidural with my first and didnt like the experience, I plan on birthing this one all Natural.

Has anyone done it all natural at Hoag?? What was your experience .

Thanks!

Re: delivering at Hoag???

• Options

I did!  It went well - they let me and my husband do our thing and didn't interfere but at the same time, the nurses did not give much support (though we didn't really need it).  I'm sure it would be a whole different experience at a birthing center or with a midwife but we did fine by ourselves...the epidural can be tempting when it is right there and the nurses aren't saying "you can do this, are you sure you want it" but rather, "let me know and I'll call the anesthesiologist."

I definitely recommend watching "The Business of Being Born."  I watched it after my son was born though I wish I had seen it before going through the process.  It leans towards natural birth and also brings up the reality that you may hit a wall and want an epidural, as most do, but that is normal, you can get through it!

You will be so happy you went natural.  It was no easy task and is not for everyone, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I even had nurses tell me that my recovery and the baby's alert demeanor were exceptional.  One night nurse even said she had an epidural with her first but after seeing many families with and without epidurals she was going to try natural for her subsequent births. 

Good Luck!! 

• Options
    aevanaevan member
    I do like the hospital, but unfortunately the frustrating thing I found there is that I couldn't birth the way I wanted to. I took a hypnobirthing class and when it came down to actual delivery the nurse yelled at me when I tried to breathe a different way during my labour, and I was too tired to argue. As for the epidural, they did not push this on me, but they do recommend it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"