DS was born at 34 weeks on New Year's Day. We were blessed that he was only in the NICU for 8 days - for TTN and lung immaturity.
He's doing great - EBF like a champ and gaining weight well (from 5 lbs 13 oz to ~14 lbs).
We were planning on taking our first family roadtrip this weekend and now that it is here, I'm freaking out.
We were planning on staying with MIL, but I am trying to decide whether or not I should trust my gut. MIL "occasionally" smokes in the house. I'm not sure what "occasionally" means, but it's enough to have stained the carpet, walls and door jams.
Knowing that dust and pet dander bother DS (he's stuffy in our room, where the cats lounge but he breathes clear in his room), I'm scared that he is going to have a bad reaction to MIL's nasty habit.
MIL is touchy and it would spark a major fight if we didn't stay with her, but IMHO, we should not be made to feel guilty for her poor decisions. We have to make the best decision for our immediate family. I'm just not sure if it's worth risking DS having a potential reaction. Part of me says to stay tomorrow night and see how it goes - find a hotel room if he gets stuffy. Part of me says he's probably going to be stuffy anyway, so it's best to ensure we can find a hotel room.
T&P for you and your LO's... I know our story is not near as complicated as it could be.
PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.
PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix