Postpartum Depression
Options

Wellburtin

My Dr. just switched me from Lexapro to Wellbutrin because I think the Lexapro was making me sweat like a 400 lb man!  

Can anyone share their experience's about Wellburtin?  My mom took it a few years ago to stop smoking & she said it make her feel really creepy after about 3 days so she stopped.  She can be pretty drug sensitive but now she has me a bit paranoid.  

Do you know if it's better to take at night or in the morning or does it matter?TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wellburtin

• Options
    omg I am on celexa and have been getting hot so easy and sweating and thought my hormones were messed up after having my son 4 months ago. I read your post and then looked up the symptoms of clexea and sure enough excessive sweating. Thanks so much for posting this! I am going to look into switching!
  • Options
    I took it for about 6 months. I stopped in October because I started to feel better without my meds (dr thinks it was my hormone changes while I was pregnant). I didn't have any noticable side effects from it. in fact, it was just the opposite. I loved it. ok, well, I always hated my meds, but as far as meds go, it was like a miracle drug for me. I took it with celexa. I also took lexapro at one time, but stopped after about a month because it was causing me to pass out (among other things). didn't have any excessive sweating though. that woud definitely suck! I wouldn't get too work up about side effects. each person is totally different. my mom and I react totally different to meds. plus, taking it to quit smoking and taking it actually for depression effects the way your bodies react.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I Bump from my phone 90% of the time, with a baby in my lap, so please excuse my bad format and poor spelling and/or punctuation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been on Wellbutrin for about 5 months now and at first it made me sweat like crazy. It's alot better now though. I don't really think it matters what time of day you take it as long as you take it at the same time everyday. I take mine at 5:30 everyday and everything with it has been going pretty good.
    DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
  • Options
    I took the max of Wellbutrin of 450mg per day for several years.  No sweating issues with me.  It gave me sort of a jump in the mornings, which I needed, due to another SSRI I was on making me drowsy.  It also has an appetite suppressant which is great!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    i was on wellbutrin my entire pregnancy and still am. i tried it before i got pregnant but did not like it. my dr says that the most common side effects are mild constipation, nausea for the first couple of weeks (treated with zofran for me), and a burst of energy. i take mine as soon as i wake up in the mornings and it helps me get through the day. its the best antidepressant ive been on and ive had to deal with depression for 6 years now almost 7. as for your mom making you paranoid about the side effects, i wouldnt worry much. everyone reacts to meds differently. i would look up the side effects online or ask my dr. if i were you. hope this helps some
  • Options

I heart Wellbutrin!  The only side effect I had was appetite supression so I can't complain!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I heart Wellbutrin too! The appetite suppressant is not so bad. I took 300mg, 150mg twice a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • Options
    I had a great experience taking Wellbutrin. The only reason I had to discontinue it was that it was screwing with my seizure meds. That "creepy" feeling could have been caused by the fact that it is also used to treat ADD/ADHD, so in people without this, it can give you a little more energy and sometimes make you feel compelled to move and do things. Be careful though, about listening too much to other people's side effects. Their bodies are different from yours and it can set you up for experiencing a kind of placebo effect, where you get the side effect simply from thinking that you will get it. Also, it is much better to take it in the morning. If you take it at night, it could give you trouble sleeping or nightmares.
  • Options

No experience with wellbutrin, but all anti-depressants have side effects and oftentimes they lessen dramatically after a bit. I had horrible night sweats the first few months on Zoloft (like, would need to change the sheets they'd be so soaked) but that's completely gone away (I've been on it more than a year now).

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I took this 7 years ago to quit smoking.  It was a little weird at first but I quickly got used to it.  I forget when I took it but would guess it was in the am after breakfast.

Not only did I finally quit smoking but I was so happy go lucky all the time I didn't want to go off of it!  Too bad I couldn't get my doc to refill my prescription Sad

My mom howeveer just tried it last year and she had a hard time the first few days and gave up on it,  I think she was freaked out because it really does get rid of your craving to smoke.  The withdrawal from nicotine and all the other chemicals I believe is was what was messing with her head. Wish she would have stuck it out...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"