Multiples
Options

Need a new baby carrier...recs?

I use my carriers ALL THE TIME, and need new ones.  We have Bjorns, but they max out at 25lbs. (and to be honest, DS is only 21 lbs. right now and it hurts to have him in it). 

I'd like one that I can wear front or back, and one that the baby can be in facing forward (not towards me allt he time).

Any recs?

Re: Need a new baby carrier...recs?

• Options
    Babysteals.cOm had ergos today. We love ours. Love our beco too!
  • Options
    I have a Beco Gemini and love it.  It can do forward or inward facing front, back carry and hip carry.  As far as I know, the Ergo does NOT do forward facing in a front carry.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a boba and i love it but baby does face in. On back or on front. Most carriers for big babies are like that, it is more comfortable for them and you! Ergos areon sale though on babysteals thoug ( like pp said) so if i were in the market today, that is what id go for.
  • Options

You're not going to find many that allow for a forward front carry for larger infants. It's not good for them to be dangling like they do in the Bjorns. They really need to have their butt supported. Imagine how dangling from your crotch would feel to you :) As they weigh more, its just not as comfortable to have them worn that way. There's also some theory (I don't know if its been studied) that babies need to be able to turn away when they're anxious, scared, tired, overwhelmed, etc. They can't do this in a forward facing carry but can turn into mom/dad when worn facing in.

I have a Babyhawk and LOVE it!! It is so easy and quick and comfortable. I also have an Ergo. Ergos are really popular but I just kinda like mine. They're not cheap so unless you can get a good deal on one or buy one used, I would find a store/seller and try it with your LO. Neither the Babyhawk or Ergo allow for a forward facing front carry.

• Options

I have a beco gemini that I really love, but my friend was over with her 8 month old son yesterday and she had an Ergo and I *may* have liked hers better. I didn't wear it, but I liked the way her son was positioned in it more.

That said, I think I'll love my gemini even more once the R's are taller! Right now when they are FF their little faces are right between my boobies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"