Minnesota Babies

Visiting--recommendations please

Hi!

A friend of ours is becoming a priest in St. Paul over Memorial Day weekend.  We are flying in early Friday morning and leaving around 5 p.m. on Sunday.   We'll have the ordination Saturday morning as well as a reception afterward.  Sunday is mass and another reception.  But in between the long ceremonies, I am looking for ideas to keep DD (will be 17 months) busy.  She's rather active and will be sitting still for awhile so any places she can run around or try new things would be great.

We haven't booked a hotel yet (although I think we will probably stay near the airport) since the church for Sunday is nearby.  I figure we can go to the Mall of America on Friday.  I've only been to Minneapolis for a conference, and my husband has never been to the twin cities before.  We will have a rental car, too, if that influences anything.

TIA for your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Visiting--recommendations please

• Hi there. I'm sure the other ladies on the board will come up with some good ideas for you. I would suggest the Como zoo. It's just north of St. Paul, it's free (donations are welcome), and it's a nice spot to bring kids. There is also a small kid-size amusement park adjacent to the zoo. Not sure if a 17mo would enjoy that, but maybe.

Enjoy your trip!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second the Children's Museum, that's a great place to go. If it's nice, go to Minnehaha Falls, which is just across the river from St Paul in Mpls, great to walk around, let her run and stretch her legs and it's beautiful. They have a great eatery there called Sea Salt that is informal dining yet delicious fish tacos and seafood. I should know if they have a kids menu, but I don't. Think we've just let DD eat off our plates before when we've gone.
    imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your help! Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"