Multiples
Options

Swelling in feet and ankles?

I feel like this is way to early to be happening!  When did it start for you?  Maybe I am dehydrated? 

I'm going to mention it to my ob at my appt tomorrow.  My co-worker has one of those elevated foot rest things he wasn't using so I put that under my desk.

Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Swelling in feet and ankles?

• Options
    Did you swell during stims?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Congratulations to my girl AmberZ! So happy for you!
  • Options
    I think around 12 wks my ankles swelled and I came here and asked the same question.  I elevated and iced them for a few days and the swelling went down and didn't return until after my c-section.
    jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My feet and ankles started to swell around 14 weeks. I would elevate them and drink a ton of water and they would go down a little bit, but they just kept getting more and more swollen throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

Drink a TON of water!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Started pretty early for me too and by the time I delivered I looked like the elephant man.  What I was told is that elevating is not enough...you have to have them above your heart.  So you actually need to be pretty much lying down with your legs in the air, kind of hard to do at work.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

imageOmega20:
    Did you swell during stims?

No

Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I will try and up the water intake and then put them up on the wall above my heart for a while when I get home. 
  • Options

I had bad swelling with DD the last 2 months I was PG with her and she was born 10 days early.  Luckily none yet now but I know its early I've also been drinking a lot of water too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I noticed some swelling in my feet last week.  We had a few days of 80-90 degree heat and I was out walking around most of the day.  My flip flops were leaving indentations and I couldn't see the bones on my feet anymore.  It took a few days to get back down to normal.  Try laying on your side, especially the left with your feet up whenever you can to increase your circulation.
  • Options
    I started swelling last Friday at 19 weeks.  And you have one more baby in there than me so I would think that's normal.  My sister had one baby and she swelled very early.  I consider myself lucky not to have a lot of swelling. The first day I swelled, I had cankles!  I did way too much on my feet.  Take resting seriously! 
    image image image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Definately talk to your dr about it, I think it just depends. Are you on your feet a lot? try to stay off your feet, elevate them when sitting/laying down. I didn't start getting swelling until after 30 weeks. But everyone is different.
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"