Cincinnati Babies
Options

Making your own baby food

Has anyone made their own baby food?  If so, do you have any good websites that show you how to do it and how long it is good for?  I have a juicer/baby food maker and I am guessing you heat up whatever veggie you have and then puree it, but that somehow sounds too easy.  Thanks!

Re: Making your own baby food

• Options

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com is what I used.

Basically, I either steam or bake and puree in my food processor and then freeze in ice cube trays.  Some fruits don't even need to be cooked, like pears, I just use ripe ones, peel and puree/freeze.  Super easy!

• Options
    I made my own the whole time with DS and absolutely loved it.  I have to laugh now when people at work warned me that I wouldn't be able to do it the whole time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekristinleigh:

I used this site as well.  I made a few kinds of food on Sunday night. I froze the purees in ice cube trays and then stored the cubes in ziplock freezer bags.  I never bought a jar of baby food for my DD and plan on doing the same for DS when he's ready to eat.  It was easy and fun for me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ditto everything kristinleigh said.

• Options
    I also used wholesomebabyfood.com, and I used the Beaba Babycook baby food maker. It was really easy to use, but pricey (I received it as a gift). I also received this food tray, which made freezing it very easy. I did what PPs have said, as far as popping out the frozen portions and storing them in a freezer bag until I was ready to use. To be honest, I felt like making the baby food was time consuming, but I was glad that I did it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, used the same website too.  I wills ay I was skeptical if I would really save that much money doing it vs time spent but I was so surprised how much food I was able to make from like $50 worth of produce.  I spent one whole day steaming and purreeing and that was it.  So you'll need A LOT of ice cube trays or I also bought some 4 oz BPA free glad tupperware and used those too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It is so easy and really only takes a few minutes. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like PP said, I just steam on the stove and puree in the blender, except for things that don't need cooking, like some fruits. If it won't blend, I add breastmilk or water until it goes. I freeze in ice cube trays, then pop out the cubes and store them in a ziploc in the freezer. Unthaw in the microwave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"