Working Moms
Options

Just turned down promotion & am freaking out!!

I feel like I'm going to throw up... DH and I talked about it extensively and after a week of going over the pros and cons, we decided it was not the right time for me to take the promotion. The promotion meant moving to a different department, longer hours, more stress and less flexibility.

I did the right thing right?!?!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just turned down promotion & am freaking out!!

• Options
    Yes.  It just feels weird because you wouldn't be human not to second guess yourself.
  • Options

imageshrinkedink:
    Yes.  It just feels weird because you wouldn't be human not to second guess yourself.

this.  Easier said than done, but try to relax about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshrinkedink:
    Agree!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you feel it was the right thing to do for your family then you absolutely did the right thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is so hard to do, but it really sounds like you made the right decision for your family.  Just remember to breathe :) (I tend to forget when I'm stressed.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you had taken the promotion, you would be freaking out over more stress, less flexibility, longer hours, and how it would impact your family.  Like the others said, it's only human!  Try not to second guess :).

• Options
    You're probably just freaking out because old you would have said yes immediately.  But new you values other things. :)  I would have made the same choice you did. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"