New to The Bump
Options

Need advice from moms... Negative pregnancy test..?

So, I had unprotected sex on March 15... So, about 6 weeks ago... I'm on the pill, but I frequently miss pills and I didn't know that I needed to take them at the same time every day... He pulled out, but I know that isn't an effective method of birth control. I hadn't even started thinking about the possibility that I was pregnant until about 2 or 3 weeks later when I started to black out every time I stood up, sporadically feel nauseous, and have to pee every half an hour OUT OF NOWHERE (like... I'd be fine one minute and then almost pee my pants the next). Then, I got a short, light period. So, I figured I couldn't be pregnant... but my symptoms continued. I was tired all day and couldn't sleep at night. I'd get really hungry, but feel sick as soon as I got food. I was constantly bloated and had very very light cramps. Then I had some mid-cycle bleeding, so again I thought that I couldn't be pregnant... but the symptoms continued and then I missed my next period... I have bright blue veins all over my chest and arms and palms and hips... My breasts ache and are bigger than usual, and I might be looking for symptoms, but I'm pretty sure my nipples are bigger and darker than usual. They have bumps on them too... But, 3 weeks after I had sex I took a HPT and it was negative. Then, a week later I took a blood test... negative. Then, I took a digital HPT 5 weeks after sex- negative, and then this morning I took the other digital one that was in the same box and it was negative. It would be positive by now, right? What else could be wrong with me?
-no period
-light uterine cramps
-swollen, aching breasts
-bright blue veins all over
-nauseous and starving at the same time
-random runny nose at different times throughout the day(no allergies and not sick)
-bloated
-my gums hurt, but that could be anything
-gas
-black out upon standing
-Cloudy urine, sometimes with white floaties in it. Dunno if that's a symptom of anything, but it weirded me out.

I've been stressed for the last 3 weeks, but before that there was no problem. Not to mention, I've been much more stressed than this before and I've NEVER even had a late period, much less missed one completely.

I have ovarian cysts. Could that do it? I saw my OBGYN and he told me that they wouldn't mess me up because, when he felt my abdomen, they didn't feel swollen or anything.
Over the past month I've continued to take my birth control, only... you know... correctly... Same time every day and whatnot.
I know I could just be making myself feel pregnant, but the negative tests usually make me cut that crap out. Not this time.
Bahh... What could it be? Could I be pregnant, even though the tests are negative?

Re: Need advice from moms... Negative pregnancy test..?

• Options

This seems to be the week for people who miss their BCPs (no offense to you, it's just been a running theme on this board of late)

If I was blacking out for no reason, I'd be seeing a dr ASAP to find out wtf was up.

It sounds to me like you have a lot of variables that could be contributing, including taking BCPs inconsistently (which can mess with your hormone levels), ovarian cysts (which may or may not be contributing to things now), increased stress, and who knows what else.

I'd see a dr and find out what's going on. I doubt you're pregnant, but I'd want to know what was going on if I were you.

• Options

I agree with PP that you need to see a doctor asap.

Just to offer some personal insight, I got a "negative" on 6 home pregnancy tests before finding out I was actaully expecting (one the day before the doctor confirmed it for me) and I was between 5-8 weeks when I was using them. You might also consider reading exactly how to take one for it to be most effective (first thing in the morning).

Anyway, good luck with your health concerns as of late. Hope everything turns out for the better :)  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also got a negative over and over for about a week and a half after being late. but, for 2 months prior, I convinced myself I had every symptom of pregnancy that you read about. The mind is a pretty powerful thing!
  • Options
    Please see your doctor.  Its really to only way to completly calm your mind on this.  I can this all being stress related or a false negative.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"