July 2011 Moms
Options

What are you hanging vs. folding (baby clothes)

I had planned on hanging everything.  But, I don't have pant hangers, so I thought I may have to fold those and just hang everything else. 

ETA: our dresser drawers are CRAZY deep and wide.  I think I'll have to get dividers for it or something.  Otherwise everything will just be a huge mishmash in there.  

One of the girls on D&R said they got this shoe organizer and it will store socks, bibs, pacis, etc.  I'm stealing her idea for sure

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: What are you hanging vs. folding (baby clothes)

• Options
    The only things I hang are DD's dresses.  Everything else is folded and put in her dresser.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

as of right now EVERYTHING is being hung up....including pants and I don't have pant hangers...

I fold them in half and put them in the middle of the hanger and wullah. (just like mine, DH, and DS pants in our closet)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tallen doesn't have a closet in his room, so he has 2 giant dressers. I am having the same problem with the deep and wide, so I have to use drawer dividers. His closet is in the upstairs hallway, right outside his bedroom door, so we have all his clothes hung up except: Pants, pajamas and sleep sacks. We also have his blankets and towels folded in the bottom drawer of his tall dresser.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I prefer to hang everything except jammies and pants.  I find that it's easier to see what's clean and matches than having to dig through drawers!

I also hang all of the matching pants/shirt outfits up too.  I just kept the plastic hangers that the outfits came on to hang those up. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hanging outfits that aren't mix/match and dresses. Also sleep sacks.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    I'm only hanging the nicer outfits. All of the onesies/etc are going in drawers

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    So for now everything has to be folded and put in LO's dresser. We have pretty small closets in our apartment so I use the closet in our bedroom and my DH uses the closet in LO's room. I don't see this being a problem for now.
  • Options
    Ok, I am totally stealing the shoe organizer idea! Big Smile  We are very limited on space. With DS I put Pj's, onsies, sweatshirts, "comfy pants" (non-button and/or zipper type), socks, and swimsuits in the dresser.  In the closet I only hang pants (button and zipper type), sweaters, t-shirts (long and short sleeve), "fancy" onsies (you know, something more than a t-shirt) and clothes that come as an outfit.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    That's a great idea! This is what I've been trying figure out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have everything hung right now but only because we haven't set the dresser up yet. I'll probably fold and put away cotton sleepers and onside and stuff. I like the closet organizer but we have a slidin closet door so it wouldn't work.
  • Options

As DD has gotten older I have hung some outfits just because it is simple to grab the pant/shirt etc together. I also use the shoe organizer. Although the older she gets the more it is full of shoes. (FIL has an addiction to baby shoes)

~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have a dresser, didn't have one for our first either, I put everything in the closet.  I hang up, shirts, nice onsies, dresses, skirts, and sleepers.  I fold pants, shorts, undershirts/onsies, and pj's.  I have bins that go in our changing table/storage unit that I keep the socks in.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    dresser: onsies, gowns, socks, hats & bibs (we have 2 small drawers that are perfect for the small stuff), and a few "outfits" like pants w/ sweatshirts we were given as hand-me-downs...honestly think I'll figure it out more once LO is here & we have more clothes...limited b/c of being Team Green!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"