Cincinnati Babies
Options

NBR: HRD Program @ Xavier

By chance, does anyone have any experience with/in this program?

Re: NBR: HRD Program @ Xavier

• Options
    Sure do.  Proud Class 18 graduate here.  Finished up in May of last year.  Fire away.  Feel free to hit me up on Facebook.
  • Options
    YAY! I was thinking/hoping you'd know something about it. In fact, I was just getting ready to FB you. In general, just wondering if you'd do it all again. General thoughts (especially related to practical application)? Time/money well spent?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister graduated in 2004, she loved it. :)

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options

This is still on the front page so I figured I'd type my response here.

This new job I just started?  A big part of the reason I got it was because I have a masters in training and development.  And it was a 30% pay increase from my previous job.

That's a pretty solid statistic proving the value of the program (in my situation, at least).

I would do it again in a second.  It was especially helpful to me because I was able to learn something on a weekend of class and literally apply it at work the following week.  That wasn't true of everything, but it was true of some of it so the practical application factor was high for me. 

There were a number of people who were in the program because they want to work in T+D in the future. Although I'm sure the degree would help them land future jobs, I'm not sure how much of what we learned they were able to apply to their current jobs.

My previous employer paid for a big chunk of it but I think even if I'd had to pay for it all myself, I would still have done it.

It was hard to go to class one weekend a month so I wouldn't underestimate how challenging that can be for a family but it was worth it to me, obviously.

Other questions???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"