Single Parents
Options

Getting a subpoena - how?

Can someone help me understand how this works?

I'd like to get a copy of X's failed drug test from a potential employer.  I've asked my attorney how to go about getting this and he sort of blows it off, like we wont need it so dont bother.  BUT - I'd like to have it just as proof that he did drugs while we were together (in case he is clean now).  Can anyone explain how this is done?

Re: Getting a subpoena - how?

• Options
    I'm not certain why he's blowing you off.  there are services that will take care of things like this.  I had XH's bank accounts subpoenaed and also had his rental records subpoaenaed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So that means I wouldnt have to go through my attorney?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not certain, exactly, it was a private service that my attorney contacted.
  • Options
    I don't believe you would be privy to that specific type of information.  Bank records and the such are a different thing.  You should be able to request a drug test prior to visitation though.
  • Options

imageblondnearby:
    I don't believe you would be privy to that specific type of information.  Bank records and the such are a different thing.  You should be able to request a drug test prior to visitation though.

You mean they could deny giving me that information? 

My worry is that by the time I ask for a drug test he will be clean (which is a good thing really) - but I'm worried with the way X is acting, it will look like I made it up (that he does/did drugs) even though I know he does/did.

• Options

1.  B/c it's a health care related issue it may be protected information.

2. Since it's the past and he's testing clean not it may not be relavent b/c jsut like in criminal cases your past crimes have no impact on your present situation.  It creates a bias and the judge/jury is supposed to be imparial.

You lawyer has to request a Supeona from a judge and the judge has to order it.  It has to have relavence to the case at hand.  Past doesn't always have relavance.

If you lawyer is saying it's not relavanet he/she knows they can't get the supeona/court order for the information.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"