Toronto Babies

Where did you deliver?

Anyone deliver at St. Joseph's off of the Queensway or at Trillium Health-Centre-West?

I am working backwards trying to figure our where I would want to have my baby to then find an obgyn. I moved here a few weeks ago and just found out last week we are expecting. I'm six weeks and would like to get in around month 10 to see someone. I have already seen my doctor from home to confirm pregnancy and complete my first round of blood work.   

Re: Where did you deliver?

• My cousin delivered out of Trillium. She said it was an ok hospital stay. She said her nurses were not overly friendly. 

I'm not sure where you are in the GTA, but I live in Mississauga. I delivered out of Oakville-Trafalgar. It was the best hospital I could imagine! We had a difficult labour that ended in a c-section. The nurses are amazing (and it was Christmas Eve!). Throughout our stay all the nurses were great, very helpful with breast feeding, and we had to see the lactation consultant before we left (part of your discharge is to discuss your feeding plan for when you are home). It was worth the 20 minute drive for us (sometimes longer in traffic LOL). They also had a great prenatal class.  My doctor's name is Dr. Sarah St. James in Oakville. She is a family doctor, that is currently only accepting OB patients. I highly recommend her. She even missed mass to scrub in for my c-section (that was the only time she said that she wouldn't be available).

• I  delivered at North York Hospital last June and everything went very  smoothly.  I was really taking cared of me and my daugther.  it was my first experience in an hospital and first pregnancy I was really scared and they  understood and help me relax.  I called the hospital and they  told me who is the obgyn accepting new patients.  That's good that you are thinking ahead.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was born at St. Joseph's.  And my best friend gave birth their last summer - said everything was great.  Her whole family was born there too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"