Upstate NY Babies
Options

Favorite sunscreen for LO?

I have faith that the sun will shine a lot this summer.  What sunscreen do you love for your LO?
DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Favorite sunscreen for LO?

• Options

I was about to post this! I started looking at the Environmental working group website and am not liking what I see on the brands I usually use!

So, IDK.....I hope others have something good! 

ETA....I think California Baby or Blue Lizard look best.

https://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

• Options
    We use California Baby or Badger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTelyco:

Where do you find the best prices for these? 

• Options
    I use badger balm sunscreen
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

imageTelyco:

Where do you find the best prices for these? 

I usually get California Baby from Target and Badger from Wegmans. I don't really shop around...I'm sure they are going to be expensive wherever they are sold. Prob getting them from the internet would be the cheapest - but I'm pretty leary of most internet sales & sites, to be honest.

• Options

I've had good luck with Blue Lizard. It is a bit thick, though, so if you're trying to get in on quickly before they throw a hissy, it's a problem.

I like Neutrogena, too.

• Options
    I just ordered some Badger from amazon-it was $13 with free shipping, no tax (amazon mom)....checked the others as well and they were more expensive. I looked on the Target site and their prices were comparable to amazons.
  • Options
    Our pedi dermatologist recommended blue lizard or nutragena free (don't quote me on the name of the 2nd one) and basically said the most important thing as far as protection was that it contained zinc oxide- which is a physical vs just a chemical barrier. My DS is a very fair red head though with a precancerous birthmark, so she wanted us to use the strongest protection available.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use California Baby.  DS has eczema and that is what worked the best for us and still looked good on the comparison charts.  It is pricey though.  We get ours at Target too.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options

imageFortMyersBride:
    Our pedi dermatologist recommended blue lizard or nutragena free (don't quote me on the name of the 2nd one) and basically said the most important thing as far as protection was that it contained zinc oxide- which is a physical vs just a chemical barrier. My DS is a very fair red head though with a precancerous birthmark, so she wanted us to use the strongest protection available.

This is what I used last yr too.  I had ordered in the nutragena free while at work bc I didn't see anything good on the shelf and I didn't have time to go to other stores.  And blue lizard I bought at I think a walgreens or some drug store while we were down in myrtle beach.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"