D.C. Area Babies
Options

this might be the dumbest/grossest potty training ? ever

So we got J a potty seat - the Baby Bjorn one, which got good reviews.

He hasn't used it yet, we've just been letting him play with it a little and get used to it.

But my question is - how do you clean the thing? Pee I understand, but poop - what am I supposed to use? And where? Like, a sponge? In the bathroom sink?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: this might be the dumbest/grossest potty training ? ever

• Options
    You dump solid waste in the toilet and you can wipe the bowl with toilet paper to help it come out.  We will use the utility sink to rinse and clean but I know some folks who installed the diaper sprayer to their toilet so they can scrub it. 
  • Options
    To be honest, this was the sole reason we chose a potty ring over a separate seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsPhilDunphy:
    To be honest, this was the sole reason we chose a potty ring over a separate seat.

ditto. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my kids use the toilet (w/ a baby seat over it) most of the time b/c I don't want to clean the potty but when they do/did use it, I would dump the poop into the toilet, wipe with baby wipe and then wash it with hot water and soap. Yes, gross, which is why I prefer the toilet and it'll be one less transition later on.

• Options

imageMrsPhilDunphy:

Darn. I thought about that but read that the potty was an easier transition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    With DS I used the ring because he was older. I used the little potty with DD and I dumped it and then cleaned it with a disinfectant wipe. 
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options
    imagetomandcourt:

imageMrsPhilDunphy:

We have a built in potty ring in our toilet seat (It's neat, it held in the seat cover by a magnet BUT DD is scared of sitting on the big potty by herself so the little one is necessary.    

• Options

imageSoonToBeMrsDTS:
    With DS I used the ring because he was older. I used the little potty with DD and I dumped it and then cleaned it with a disinfectant wipe. 

This is what we do

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagetomandcourt:

imageMrsPhilDunphy:

Eh, I have no idea. DCP was the first person to put C on a potty and now he just goes whenever we put him there. I don't even know if she started with a seat or ring but he has no problem with the ring.

It wasn't so much the ick factor, as the one-more-thing-I-have-to-clean-and-store-in-my-tiny-bathroom factor. 

• Options

Water helps get the poo out - I stick the part of the potty that is removable under the faucet in the tub (because my bathroom sink is not very big).  Put water in there, then dump into the adult toilet.  Wipe with TP, which you can then throw in the adult toilet.  Finally, a disinfectant wipe. 

I think it depends on the kid as to whether the ring is better or worse than the stand alone potty.  DD #1 used both and I'm getting DD #2 used to both too.

Another suggestion, which I never did but you can try, is lining the bottom of the kid potty with some toilet paper, so when they pee/poo and you dump in the adult toilet, it comes out with the toilet paper.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    We started pee training on the small potty - it was easier to have in the LR so we didn't have to go far, but by the time we got to poop she was using the ring on the regular toilet.
  • Options
    imageMrsPhilDunphy:
    imagetomandcourt:

imageMrsPhilDunphy:

Eh, I have no idea. DCP was the first person to put C on a potty and now he just goes whenever we put him there. I don't even know if she started with a seat or ring but he has no problem with the ring.

It wasn't so much the ick factor, as the one-more-thing-I-have-to-clean-and-store-in-my-tiny-bathroom factor. 

Wait, your kids use the potty? We haven't even broached the idea with DD (though when we do, I have a potty ring ready because I have no desire to clean a potty seat). Now I feel behind the curve.

• Options

We got the same Bjorn potty seat AND the Bjorn seat cover. She seems scared to climb onto the big potty but is quite happy sitting on the little chair. She's only peed in it once and I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence. She looked as shocked as I did.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.Ram:
    imageMrsPhilDunphy:
    imagetomandcourt:

imageMrsPhilDunphy:

Wait, your kids use the potty? We haven't even broached the idea with DD (though when we do, I have a potty ring ready because I have no desire to clean a potty seat). Now I feel behind the curve.

It was all DCP. I wouldn't have even thought about til like, 3? And he isn't potty trained by any stretch of the imagination, but he sits and goes like he knows what he's doing whenever we put him on there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"