Phoenix Babies
Options

Maternity Package Plan

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has used this maternity plan from Maricopa Integrated Health System - https://www.mihs.org/services-and-programs/maternity-package-plan

If so, how was your experience?

Does anyone have any other recommendations for maternity plans from different hospitals? I live in Mesa, so even this plan is a bit far away. The hospital is in Phoenix and a good half an hour drive. Is this out of question? I don't know how far is too far to drive when you're in labor, lol. 

I need something affordable because I don't have insurance that has maternity coverage, and I don't qualify for medicaid, or any other assistance programs that I know of. 

I am not pregnant right now, but finding an affordable maternity plan will play a big part in our decision to start soon or wait a few years.

Thanks!

Re: Maternity Package Plan

• Options
    hi jess were about to be in the same boat you were. im about to interview at scottsdale healthcare on osborn so im not sure what kind of package plan they can offer. weve looked into insurances like 6 months ago to add prenatal but it was going to be like 450 a month with a 21 month waiting period. so obviously pointless since no one plans 3 years in advance to plan to have a kid.  i was wondering if you would be gracious enough to share anything else you might have found out?? thank you...and i am not on the bump that often i would be extreamly greatful if when you got this you might email it directly to me?? emaildestany@yahoo.com thank you so much for the info you shared at what you found in maricopa. warmly,destany
  • Options
    I emailed you. Let me know if you didn't get it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am in the same boat as you. Looking for an "affordable" maternity plan. I had a friend send this to me. I am not sure how far away you are from the Abrazo facilities but it might help. https://www.abrazohealth.com/Files/OB%20Prepaid%20Rate%20Card.pdf 

We tried to get maternity coverage, it was an option when we purchased our insurance, when I called to add it they told me that "because of the new healthcare laws they no longer offer maternity insurance, it is just a financial loss to <the insurance company>". I got really bummed when I found that out. Thought it was an all over the place issue, when I looked at private insurance in CO (where my husband and I are both from) you can still get it. Almost made me move home, then they had a big snow storm and we changed our minds and are opting to self pay our baby (that we are TTC)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"