Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Would you say something?

Yesterday I got to DD's school a couple minutes late. She gets picked up at 1, and I got there around 1:03, and she's on the swings with an adult and another child. Usually the kids get picked up in the classroom. DD's stuff is on the stairs. The adult was a parent volunteer in a different class, and the kid was her son. I was very confused as to why DD was outside, so I asked the woman and she said, "Oh she was the last one to be picked up so they asked me to take her out here and wait." I let her swing for a couple more minutes, and one of DD's teachers came out and talked to the other parent, but didn't say a word to me-- not even an acknowledgement. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way yesterday, but now that I've been thinking about it I wonder if I should talk to the director about it. I have no idea why they'd release her to a different adult-- even a parent volunteer, but ESP a volunteer that I didn't know-- and "make" her be outside waiting for me to pick her up. Am I thinking too much about this? Let it go ? 
Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you say something?

• Options
    I think you have every right to speak with someone regarding the situation. You are intrusting this facility to take care of your child and imagine if the volunteer had taken your child outside and something bad happened. Their butts would be liable. You have the right to know where your child is and who they are with at all times when they are there. If something outside of the norm occurs, you should be told.
  • Options

I think you should say something. Especially if this is not a normal thing that happens. The school should know that you are obviously not comfortable with what they did. And even after a teacher came out and didn't say a word to you about it.  

Speak up! THis is your chance. 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, I would be pissed!  We signed a form at the beginning of the school year that included a list of specific people Harm can be released to.  If my son was just wandering with a parent I had no idea who it was than yes I would be mad.   
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    Oh, I would go completely ballistic.  They gave your child to someone not authorized to have your child?  There are usually penalities for being late but that doesn't involve handing your kid over to the last parent or adult in the room.  I'd talk to the director immediately.  Honestly, they would be lucky if I didn't report it to the state licensing agency because that is a HUGE violation.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

imagePesky:
    Oh, I would go completely ballistic.  They gave your child to someone not authorized to have your child?  There are usually penalities for being late but that doesn't involve handing your kid over to the last parent or adult in the room.  I'd talk to the director immediately.  Honestly, they would be lucky if I didn't report it to the state licensing agency because that is a HUGE violation.

I have to agree with this.  No way should they have left your child with a parent!!  Volunteer or not. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would be pissed and say something!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't have been comfortable with this, at all. I'd say something to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would say something as well.  I could maybe see waiting outside if it was a nice day, but with a teacher, not a random person you don't know. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"