New Jersey Babies
Options

Day care in Clifton, Nutley, Rutherford or surrounding area

Any day care recommendations, my baby will be 3 months old. I have narrowed down my choices to (1) Mickey Academy in Clifton and (2) Meadows School in Rutherford. I would like information if you know of others or have experience with either of these schools. Thanks.

Re: Day care in Clifton, Nutley, Rutherford or surrounding area

• Options
    I've been looking too and called both of these places.  I won't be looking into Meadows because its much more than I'm paying now and I'm not that unhappy w/ our current situation.  I visited Mickey Academy today and was really disappointed.  We walked in and all the babies were having snack, after being in there a few min. my daughter pushed the door, and behind the door was a little boy in a high chair, I felt so bad he was back there being totally ignored.  I also saw one of the teachers on her cell phone and the doors of the rooms were open, I guess it could have been because we were walking around, but my daughter was in and out of the rooms so quickly, if they walked out of the rooms, as they frequently did, she could have easily escaped.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options
    Our 23 month old son goes to the Meadows School and he (and we) loves it.  It's a little pricey, but wasn't much more than any other place we looked at.  It's a family owned place (mother and her 3 daughters) and everyone is super nice.  Teachers of other classes even know my son's name when they see him.  I *think* the teacher's that are in the infant classroom are Monique and Carly and they are both awesome.  Monique is actually a nurse, so that always made me feel a little more comfortable leaving my little one there.  Everyone there is very accomodating and they have gone out of their way to help us out before.  The facilities are great and it is set up very much like a school and is very educational.  My son came home counting in Spanish the other day!  I would definitely recommend going for a visit so you can get a feel for the place, but I might be able to help with any specific questions you may have.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I feel the same way about Mickey Academy. They let me right in and I was able to walk around on my own before a teacher approached me. The place seemed really small and cramped. Unfortunately, I need a place to be open to 7 PM and the hours / location are great. I am going to go again before I make a final decision. I visited Meadows and I loved it--it seems like a nice but pricey place and only open to 6:30. Considering how much I liked Meadows, I may need to make changes to my work schedule. I passed by another place, Foundations Prep School on Broad St. in Bloomfield...I e-mailed an inquiry and plan to stop by soon. Thanks so much for the information!
  • Options
    My son was in daycare from 3 to 6 months at the Rainbow Academy in Rutherford.  He was in daycare for a short amount of time because I left my job.  We liked it.  I have no experience with the other two you mentioned.
    Mia Elizabeth 8/19-8/20/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"