Parenting after a Loss
Options

Post c-section, suddenly bleeding again?

I stopped bleeding four days or so after the c-section (which was 11 days ago, today.)

Last night, I had a gush of red blood and small clots, enough to go through a pad. I've been bleeding lightly ever since (it's very similar to my period, but I know it's too early for that.)

I have a call in to my OB, but did anyone else experience this. I've had sharp, numb pains in the area around and above the incision for the last few days, but I also haven't been as good about taking my pain meds on time as I was in the beginning (the incision itself looks fine, no oozing or bleeding from there.)

I'm thinking I just overdid it the last few days w/ laundry and carting Cami around?

Re: Post c-section, suddenly bleeding again?

• Options

I had bleeding off and on like that for 6 weeks, it was normal.  Very annoying, but very normal.  It would be light for a few days and then really have for a couple days and then stop....I would think that's it and then heavy again with light for a few more days.  I got to the point where I figured I hadn't had my period for 9+ months so I was paying for it now.

I also had the sharp pains, the dr. said it was normal but if it started to swell I should call them.  As long as the incision looks good you should be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you, momagain. I figured it was okay, but after nine months of dreading  blood, it sort of sent me into a minor panic last night. And DH has a firm "no Google" policy these days. But he didn't say anything about the Bump :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yeah, just like momagain said. I had bleeding on and off for about 6 weeks, some days it was whole scary lot and other days it was a spotting. All depended on what I was doing..

And I'm tardy but YAAAAAAAAAAAY congrats!!!  How is Scout doing with Cami?

• Options

Totally normal.  The day I was leaving the hospital when I was in the shower I had a few clots come out.  The nurse saw them and said it was totally normal and that would happen until things in there got back to normal.  I think it was about 6 weeks before the bleeding/clots completely stopped.  As long as your cut looks good, everything should be ok.  But, it's good to ask your doctor, to be on the safe side.  And I still have the numbing feeling around where my incision was and I had DD 13 months ago.  My OB told me that was normal and that it might stay like that. 

Be sure to take it easy and relax.  Let your body heal.  If you can have someone help with laundry and stuff and just take care of that baby.  :)  Your body needs time to recover.  :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had off and on bleeding for about 4 weeks. It usually picked up more when I was doing too much but was almost always spotting to light bleeding.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

When I left the hospital I had stopped bleeding and my nurse told me i would be done. Imagine my surprise when 5 days later I filled a pad in 2 hours!!

My doctor said it's normal and will come and go for up to 6 weeks.

• Options

imageScout05:
    Thank you, momagain. I figured it was okay, but after nine months of dreading  blood, it sort of sent me into a minor panic last night. And DH has a firm "no Google" policy these days. But he didn't say anything about the Bump :)

Ha ha!  I still panic if I have spotting!  I don't know why....it's just habit now, I still check the toilet paper everytime I wipe too. Embarrassed

• Options

imagejen-dale:
    I had off and on bleeding for about 4 weeks. It usually picked up more when I was doing too much but was almost always spotting to light bleeding.

This exactly.

• Options

I did the same thing and panicked and called the on call OB. He explained it sounded normal but as always, clots bigger than a golf ball and/or going through more than one pad and hour = go to Dr or hospital.

But what you're describing sounded exactly like what I had. Although I bled constantly for like 5 or 6 weeks and then it stopped and then I'd get light bleeding here and there and then I got my first AF at like 8 or 9 weeks pp. 

• Options
    I stopped bleeding at 6 days. If I overdid it I would start bleeding again. Last year I had stopped bleeding for over a week and the day of Aidan's service, right before I walked out the door, I gushed from over doing it. On top of the day being awful, the bleeding was awful.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I bled off and on for 5ish weeks. It is very, very normal.  Take your pain meds and spend a day in bed with Cami. You deserve it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

Like everyone said it's totally normal for it to come and go.  But they forgot to tell you that the way to know when you are going to have a heavy flow day is note when you leave the house wearing only a pantyliner and forget a big pad because that's when the bleeding likes to increase. (Extra heavy bleeding if you are wearing light-colored pants!)

• Options
    I bled on and off for at least 7-8 weeks. A few days would go by with nothing and then BAM! My incision ended up getting infected a bit so be careful and watch for redness and swelling.
    3 miscarriages, Infertility, & Premature Birth Abigail and Adalynn born @ 25w1d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers FAQ: Resources for New NICU Moms
    FAQ: My Friend Just Had a Preemie, How Can I Help?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"