Houston Babies
Options

Which potty?

Since DD is hiding and telling us when she goes poo, the pedi recommended to start sitting her on the toilet.  I thought it was a little early but I figure getting a training potty and letting DD get comfortable with it isn't such a bad idea.  After looking around, I see a million different types.  

So, which one would you recommend?  Also, if you can suggest some good, simple books that I can read to her about potty training... that would be great as well!  TIA!

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
imageimage
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Which potty?

• Options
    We have the Baby Bjorn training potty and I really like it. Rena's teacher recommended it to us when she first started school at 18 months. We have a potty ring that we put on top of the regular toilet but she prefers going on the training potty (we just started really training last weekend). The only book we got her was the Dora potty book and she really liked that (was obsessed with Dora for a long time!).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Abbie prefered the toilet ring and a stool so her feet wouldn't dangle.

We got her the book Once Upon A Potty and I swear we read it to her and she was trained overnight.  I think we just got lucky, but I recommend the book to everyone.

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't give DD a choice -- we did PTing with a ring that goes on the big toilet. I didn't want to have to deal with eventually transitioning her from a little potty to the adult toilet, not to mention the grossness of cleaning out the little potty every time she used it. I guess if she had had issues with the big potty, we would have had to rethink, but she did great. Trained in 2-3ish days and we never looked back.

I just got the cheapest one at Target. First Years brand, it's just plain white and pink.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I thought about doing just the ring but I wasn't sure if it would fit.  We have the elongated toilets and all the rings I've found seem a bit small.  Do any of you have problems with the fit?
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We have a Bemis toilet seat with a built-in potty ring. I love it! If you lift the toilet lid and didn't know it was there, you might not even notice. The little seat holds to the bigger seat with a magnet. It's as stable as a regular toilet seat and no chance it'll get dunked into the toilet if a little one tries to put it on themselves. It's about $30-35 and we got it at home depot. I'm pretty sure they had it in both round and elongated. Here's a pic: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16897795

For a little potty, I like the cheap ikea kind. For $5 you can't go wrong. We had several of them and keep one in the car for potty emergencies.  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70141228

- Jena
  • Options

The Baby Bjorn two piece potty was great for training.  He could completely potty on his own, and we could have it set up wherever we were and have a spot for him to potty real quick and independently.  He just needed a little help with clean up after - but even did that mostly on his own.  We didn't fully transition to a potty seat on the potty until he could get up there with just a stool and no assistance.  The potty training method we followed emphasized independence (letting you know they are going potty but not requiring you to run them in there), so the little potty on the ground was helpful for us as a transition from diapers to the big potty.

We have the Baby Bjorn potty ring, which fits great on either an elongated seat or regular seat.  DS1 only uses it now to go number 2. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"