Baby Showers
Options

shower at our house?

we are more than likely having a family shower and seperate jack and jill for our friends. our moms want to do something as well as my BF so I suggested the seperate so it won't be so large. it makes more sense with the size of family /friends lists but the issue is my BF has a small apt and couldn't host it there, rather than rent a place would it be rude to offer for her host it at our house? I wouldn't be involved other than maybe helping with guest list. We have a great house for company so it makes sense but we're afraid it would throw people off and look like I"m throwing myself a shower. any thoughts? thank you :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: shower at our house?

• Options
    It's fine as long as your friend's name is on the invite indicating that she's the hostess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my twins my shower was at my house. I actually loved it because I didn't have to transport a hundred gifts home!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekarenjoyharrison:
    With my twins my shower was at my house. I actually loved it because I didn't have to transport a hundred gifts home!

lol great point!

• Options
    I've hosted a couple of showers at the mom-to-be's homes.  Not a big deal and really convenient for them!
  • Options
    I don't think it's rude. Since the invitations will tell people to give their responses to your BF/hostess, your friends and family will know that she is the one hosting your shower.
    BFP #1 4/22/11 Missed m/c 6/2/11 D&C 6/3/11 @ 10w1d
    BFP #2 10/13/11 c/p 10/17/11
    BFP #3 12/13/11 EDD 8/23/12 DS Born 8/27/12
  • Options
    My MIL/FIL are hosting our shower at our house because their guest list is about 60 people, and our house is (hopefully) large enough to accomodate 60 women, men and about 11 children.Surprise
  • Options

I've been to a few showers at the mom to be's house, I didn't think anything of it, it saves money on a rental fee for a location plus you don't have the hassle of transporting all the gifts afterwards.  If you have the space I'd say go for it!

• Options
    Thank you all, glad to hear its not only not rude but will be easier with having everytihng there and not toting gifts around! :)
  • Options
    I've known people who have done this and don't see a problem with it especially if invitation lists hosts' names.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"