Upstate NY Babies
Options

speaking of double carts...

We are quite the spectacle at Wegmans :) I get lots of "God Bless You"s

I put a few baskets underneath & a reusable tote next to Justin- not the best but we make do

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: speaking of double carts...

• Options

whoo hoo! Look at you go! You're my hero.

So Jeff wanted to let Eve ride in one of the "race car" carts the last time we went to tops and I explained to him that you aren't supposed to do that with only one kid. I get totally annoyed when I see people doing it and I wasn't about to be that mom.. So instead I got to be the mean mom who told her kid she couldn't ride in the race car.

I don't think I've ever seen a cart like the one in your pic at Wegmans..  I feel like I might be crashing the baby on the bottom into everything.. Whenever I use one of the carts at best buy that has the part that goes further out on the bottom that is what always happens to me.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Do you do that by yourself?  I'm in awe!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMelissaSue81:

So Jeff wanted to let Eve ride in one of the "race car" carts the last time we went to tops and I explained to him that you aren't supposed to do that with only one kid. I get totally annoyed when I see people doing it and I wasn't about to be that mom.. So instead I got to be the mean mom who told her kid she couldn't ride in the race car.

I have never thought of that, honestly, but a lot of women on the multiples board get REALLY heated over it. It does makes sense though.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMelissaSue81:

I don't think I've ever seen a cart like the one in your pic at Wegmans..  I feel like I might be crashing the baby on the bottom into everything.. Whenever I use one of the carts at best buy that has the part that goes further out on the bottom that is what always happens to me.

That's great!

So why can't I put my child in a car cart? Just because I haven't been blessed with more than 1 child, the one I have can't have the fun cart?

I don't get it. 

I am so glad our Wegmans did away with those carts (Mrswhites pic)....I hated them so!

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:
    imageMelissaSue81:

That's great!

So why can't I put my child in a car cart? Just because I haven't been blessed with more than 1 child, the one I have can't have the fun cart?

I don't get it. 

I am so glad our Wegmans did away with those carts (Mrswhites pic)....I hated them so!

IMO, they are intended as a courtesy to people with more than one child.. You can fit one child just fine in the regular carts.. it has nothing to do with them being fun.. They're there so people with an older child (or two, i think can fit in many of them) can go in the car part and there is still room for a younger baby in the cart. So you're taking away those carts from moms who might need them. I wouldn't use one of the carts with the big giant seats on them at target or walmart, they are there for the same reason.  Granted we were there at like 8pm on a thursday night so there probably weren't any other children in the store at all, but I wasn't about to start that. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    imageMelissaSue81:
    imageJune4bride2be:
    imageMelissaSue81:

That's great!

I don't get it. 

IMO, they are intended as a courtesy to people with more than one child.. You can fit one child just fine in the regular carts.. it has nothing to do with them being fun.. They're there so people with an older child (or two, i think can fit in many of them) can go in the car part and there is still room for a younger baby in the cart. So you're taking away those carts from moms who might need them. I wouldn't use one of the carts with the big giant seats on them at target or walmart, they are there for the same reason.  Granted we were there at like 8pm on a thursday night so there probably weren't any other children in the store at all, but I wasn't about to start that. 

Eh, I think they are for anyone with a kid that will fit in them.

Charlie is too heavy for the regular top seat on a cart so if it is a long trip & I only have him with me we get a car cart. The regular seat on a cart is only for up to 35lb.

Now I DO get pissy when I see a person with NO kids using them. 

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    imageMelissaSue81:
    imageJune4bride2be:
    imageMelissaSue81:

That's great!

I don't get it. 

Oh yeah - I can see why MoMs get ticked over that...or any mom with two little ones who won't stay next to a cart. It's not supposed to be something fun for any kid...it's supposed to contain two kids at the same time so the mom can shop. If a mom has one kid - that kid can sit in the cart. If Evan would sit in those car ones I definitely give the stink eye to a singleton riding in it....but I don't use them. I walk Leah around and shop and DH runs after Evan. 

MrsWhite - I am so happy for you that Justin is such a well behaved boy. I can't imagine how hard things would be for you if he wasn't!!!

• Options
    I never thought about the car cart thing, although it makes sense. I like looking and talking to Rosie, so she rides in the regular cart now. But I know when this one is here I will have to use the car cart because that's the only way I can get two kids on one cart. Although I might be able to use a regular cart and have Rosie walk- I can't really lift her right now, so she walks with me on short trips and does really well.
  • Options

I can see that point, but more like the Target carts.......no fun car just a bigger cart. Don't make it a fun car and expect single kids to not want to ride in it.

No one uses the car carts at our Wegmans. The aisles are just too small to get around. I do use the ones at BJs. BJ's is a boring trip for him and he in entertained longer in the car.

However.....those cars are NASTY! I yelled at dh once when he put him in one at Wegmans, I looked in and there was a 1/2 eaten Jolly Rancher. Holy choking hazard! I wipe the seat and wheels down on the BJs carts and try not to be grossed out. I wish our Wegmans would take better care of theirs. 

• Options
    i had no idea what a huge faux pas it is to use the race car or park bench cart for only one child. guess i never really though about it, good thing i've never used one, huh?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I let Justin ride in one of the cars once (at Wegmans) before Dylan was born.  I never even thought twice about it until I read this post.  I don't see the big deal. I do look at it as a fun thing for the kids.  I know Justin much prefers to ride in those than sit in the cart.  Now he and Dylan ride in them together when we can find one. They need to get more!!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I never even thought about not using the car cart for a single kid.  But I have never used one bc 1. They really are either sticky or outside and soaking wet, and 2. I think dd would somehow leap out and get hurt since she can wiggle out of lap straps.

Although dd is too focused on the gumball and toy machines to even notice a car cart.

• Options
    So now I feel totally bad that I hijacked this post into being about not using the car carts and took all the attention away from HOW FREAKING AWESOME Mrs.White is for taking 2 newborns and a 2.5 year old to Wegmans BY HERSELF.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Haha, it is really impressive!  I didn't even realize you went by yourself!  Also, the easter photo is great!
  • Options
    Wow, you are my hero going grocery shopping with 3 kids!  I have only attempted Wegmans once and Target once with both girls in the 3 months since Liana was born.  MIL comes over once a week for Zoey to play with her cousins and that it usually when I do my grocery shopping.  It's pretty much the only "me time" that I get. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"