3rd Trimester
Options

stollers/diaper bags with cartoon characters on them

Re: stollers/diaper bags with cartoon characters on them

• Options
    I hate anything with a character on it.  Just not my taste.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Would not be something that I would be caught dead using. I actually have issues with clothing with any sort of licensed characters on them. 
  • Options
    also a pet peeve of mine. my SIL carries a pink SNOOPY diaper bag. i wish i was kidding.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, it's definitely not my taste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    anything with cartoon characters bothers me!
  • Options
    imageMrsGMRMartin:
    I hate anything with a character on it.  Just not my taste.
    I agree it just seems so juvenile.
  • Options

My mom thought a Winnie the Poo diaper bag was cute the other day... Ick!

I cannot even stand adult clothing that has characters on it!

• Options

I always snicker to myself when I see the matching winnie the pooh diaper bag and stroller combo. 

Mean, but I can't help the way I feel!! 

• Options

Yup- I can't stand them either. Though, I also detest clothing or gear of any sort that has the name/logo on it. Why would I pay good money to purchase something to advertise FOR you?

Blech, all of it.

• Options
    Ugh, DH and I were stroller shopping and from across the room, we spot one that looks perfect - until we get up close and see Pooh and Tigger on it. DH goes, this is stupid! really loud and walks away. I almost peed myself at the look that this lady gave him. I'd rather gag myself with a wooden spoon then have that. A few clothes here and there, or things in the room are one thing, but not on diaper bags, etc.
  • Options

We went to Disney World in May and you wouldn't BELIEVE the adult caroon apparel there.  People were dead serious about it, too. 

We did get DS a shirt, but it was retro looking and he is 3.  But I drew the line with that.

• Options
    Me too!  And I totally agree with the pp who mentioned it's like advertising for free.  Do you think my children will understand why mom doesn't want them to have a t-shirt with Dora on it?  
  • Options
    It's not my style, but doesn't bother me if someone else has something with a cartoon on it.  It's not a big deal.
  • Options

My marvin the martian tattoo and I are crying at your remark.

Or not.

• Options
    I think all the little girl clothes with glitter, rhinestones, lace, and sayings like "Princess", "Brat", and "Spoiled Rotten" are the worst!  I'm soooo glad I'm having a boy so I don't have to be the evil mom who won't buy her 6 year old Hannah Montana pink leopard print leggings to go under her denim mini that says Girlz Rock on the butt!!  Indifferent
  • Options
    Eeew.  Also the car sunshades that have characters printed on the side that faces out of the car!  WTF - that baby can't even SEE that side?!
  • Options
    I would never get one! No cartoon clothing for me!
  • Options

i hate all that crap too, but my best friend sent DS onesies with mickey & tigger on them, so i had to have him wear it.  and those are 2 characters i hate the most.

oh well.

• Options
    I can't stand the characters either.  My sister is pg also and she just bought her first outfit for the baby and it has Winnie and all the characters on it with the little hat and everything.  I wanted to be excited for her because I know she was, but all I kept thinking was, "Why did she get that?"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"