D.C. Area Babies
Options

Infant swimming and plastic pants?

The instructions for our swim classes mention putting the babies in swim diapers and plastic pants. I have the diapers, but what are these plastic pants and are they really necessary? Where do I buy them?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Infant swimming and plastic pants?

• Options

we use this, because if I'm ever short on the sposies, he can wear that alone.

but these or something like them are acceptable, and probably what they were intending you to get.

• Options
    They are made by Gerber and are at BBB or Babies R Us - usually by the cloth diapers.  If you are taking a Fairfax County class, they had them for sale at the rec center as well.  You can also use a non-disposable swim diaper from iplay or other companies as well.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I found the Gerber plastic ones at Target near the kids underwear. I think they were like $4 for 2 or something like that. Just make sure to get the right size because the first time I accidently bought 4T.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So do you do swim diaper, plastic pants and a bathing suit? I can picture my DS freaking out about all those layers. Our apartment complex just requires a swim diaper, but we are going to a hotel pool in a few weeks and I'm guessing they might want more.
  • Options
    The swim diapers are useless and pretty gross. They let water in so if your kid poops, you have a waterlogged turd sitting in there. DS had a huge poop in one and it came out the top and they had to close the baby pool for the rest of the day. I had to be "that mom" who let her kid poo in the pool. After that it was plastic pants on top of the swim diaper. Also they don't hold pee so don't put them in the swimming diaper until right before you get in the pool or you'll have a wet kid before you even get in!
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options

imagernin02:
    So do you do swim diaper, plastic pants and a bathing suit? I can picture my DS freaking out about all those layers. Our apartment complex just requires a swim diaper, but we are going to a hotel pool in a few weeks and I'm guessing they might want more.

Yes, that's what we do.

One tip that I have is that after you are done at the pool, don't try to pull the wet swim diaper down off their lefts because it's wet and tight. I just rip or cut it on the sides and take it off that way.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSoonToBeMrsDTS:
    The swim diapers are useless and pretty gross. They let water in so if your kid poops, you have a waterlogged turd sitting in there. DS had a huge poop in one and it came out the top and they had to close the baby pool for the rest of the day. I had to be "that mom" who let her kid poo in the pool. After that it was plastic pants on top of the swim diaper. Also they don't hold pee so don't put them in the swimming diaper until right before you get in the pool or you'll have a wet kid before you even get in!

Ahhh! I'm sorry, STBMDTS, but that made me LOL Stick out tongue

• Options
    Oh yes, I know the swim diapers don't hold anything in, that's why we don't go to the pool till after he has his first poop:) I'll have to track down some of these plastic pants, I didn't realize they would make that much of a difference. Thanks!
  • Options
    It sounds like I'm going to have to change him right before we get into the pool and then right after. I can't wait till he's potty trained!!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It really needs to be in big letters on the swim diaper pack that they do NOT hold in pee!  I can;t tell you how many people I have heard from that this happened to (who wouldn't want to get them in the diaper early?).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"